Gaming SAO Hollow Fragment - worth buying?

Piffle

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
By a sheer stroke of luck, I didn't do any shopping on the PS Store yesterday (bought the Vita two days ago). A while ago I went to check it out and, lo and behold, all the games I wanted to buy are 50% off. Bearing in mind that on my shopping list I have:

Oreshika
P4G (played the original on PS2)
Danganronpa 2 (played the first on PSP)
Tokyo Twilight Ghost Hunters

Do you think I may enjoy SAO HF? I know nothing about the series, but I've heard the localisation is dreadful (lots of 'penetrating' comments on the interwebs). It's now priced at €16, which is not a lot but it's still not the kind of money I can spend on a blind purchase.

Hmm, there might be a couple more games on which I'll need opinions... curse you PS Store for eating my monies.

mdtank

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
In my opinion the gameplay is good enough to overshadow the smaller faults of the game. I'd buy the game again in a heartbeat.

jag272

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I've had a good time with what little of it I've found time to play so far. That said, depending on if you own a PS4, they're rereleasing Hollow Fragment on PS4 sometime this summer with improved graphics and localization, so if you own one you might want to hold out unless the price really matters, in which case the vita version is fun regardless. Just expect to have to use a little common sense translating their english to actual english in places.

Piffle

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I ended up not buying it (the sale ended yesterday). I don't own a PS4, but maybe - just maybe - if they port the improved localisation to the Vita version I might change my mind. Plus, with my backlog it would definitely have been a while before I touched it.

Thanks for your input, anyway!

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
I wouldn't expect the improved localization to come to the Vita. They changed too much about the up port at this point to simply downport the changes effectively as a content update or otherwise, or at least, it would be too much work in their eyes. I would really love it if they would just release a patch with an improved translation. I mean, if they have it, the least they could do is spend a day inserting all the text and releasing a patch for those of us who even made the up port and release of Lost Song a viable opportunity in the west.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLN9qrJ8ESs