Sanity check on the requirements for unbricking the Wii U.

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by DocAmes1980, Dec 15, 2016.

1. DocAmes1980
    OP

DocAmes1980 GBAtemp Fan

Oct 31, 2016
    United States
    I have a NAND dump that I obtained from launching redNAND from Mocha and the otp.bin file obtained from OTP2SD. Besides a Teensy, a hardmod and some PC programs that I can worry about if the time comes do I have all I need from the Wii U?

Just want to make sure I can recover in that unlikely event.

Thanks,

Andy

2. Jhnsn

Jhnsn *Flat is Justice*

Sep 1, 2016
    Australia
    I'm not an expert but I think that's enough. How did you brick?

3. Xen0

Xen0 GBAtemp Fan

Oct 8, 2015
    Gambia, The
    He didn't, he just want to know in case that he does

DocAmes1980 likes this.
  4. DocAmes1980
    OP

DocAmes1980 GBAtemp Fan

Oct 31, 2016
    United States
    I have not bricked. I just want to confirm that I've got what I need to unbrick just in case.

5. Jhnsn

Jhnsn *Flat is Justice*

Sep 1, 2016
    Australia
    Sorry, then I misread something. I really should go to bed now. Exhausting day.

6. NexoCube

NexoCube stop using piracy :(

Nov 3, 2015
    France
    Stack Pointer
    If you have an NAND dump and your OTP you can re-cover your Wii U in case of brick with an hardmod, there's some tutorials somewhere in the internet (use Google)

Bricking your redNAND is okay, you will have no problem with the sysNAND, so if you brick your sysNAND then go for a hardmod

7. DocAmes1980
    OP

DocAmes1980 GBAtemp Fan

Oct 31, 2016
    United States
    Thank you for the reply. I've seen the tutorial that showed the solder points on the board. I wanted to double check the requirements just to make sure. I'm not using redNAND until it offers something beyond brick protection. Besides, I can't see a scenario where redNAND would save me (or 99% of users) from a brick. I'm not a developer nor am I testing anything. If I did brick it would be because I made a change to the system that prevented boot. If you know a dev that needs risky system modifications tested then send them my way. I wouldn't mind bricking as recovery would be a fun project.