Sands of Destruction

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by astrangeone, Jan 26, 2010.

Jan 26, 2010

Sands of Destruction by astrangeone at 3:58 PM (1,261 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. astrangeone
    OP

Member astrangeone GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Canada
    Okay, Taupy is cool. A cute mascot wearing a pirate patch and with a voice that sounds like he smokes a carton of cigarettes. Honestly, I didn't see that coming. Uber-masculinity meets cuteness. Seriously too much to deal with!

Morte - interesting. Rather interesting that the game immediately pairs you off with a wanted criminal in game. She wants to take out the world because she's sick of the problems and pain that people have done to it. Sort of like an uber vegan and a military thing at the same time. The way she holds her blade, reminds me of a batleth, the Klingon weapon of choice. Weird, but...yeah.

Kyrie - an emo in the making. I have the quip that gives him higher defense ("chicken liver"), and it makes me rather annoyed every time his voice goes off. ("It's...probably my fault.") I dunno, I don't see him as a viable character - but at least he's not one of the save the world because he's just that goody two shoes. It takes a lot to get him off his butt and actually save the world. I'm also wondering why he has a very blatant crush on Miss Destruction. Also wondering where he got that power displayed in the opening tutorial...?

Lady Ri'ah - dunno. Classic case of sexual tension used in a funny way. (Especially funny when she says..."You have feelings...you'd get hurt.") She's the classic mystery character who knows too much about the situation. And why does every game have to feature a literal dragon based bloodline? Huh? (Hehehe...just thought of a weird joke - she's a dragon lady - someone extremely desirable (the maid outfit and the cuteness), but unattainable...)

Felixeous Rex - he and Lady Ri'ah both know something.

I'm actually playing Sands, not for the bad characterizations - but for the story. I want to know why how Kyrie will react to Morte showing him the worse of both worlds.

2. ShinRyouma

Member ShinRyouma GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Indonesia
    Have you watched the anime? It's good and funny. The anime's title is World Destruction.

3. I am r4ymond

Member I am r4ymond PFE

United States
    Wow, they really should have kept it "World Destruction" rather than "Sands of Destruction." I don't really see how "Sand" is involved in the game. Well, actually, I do know that "Sand" substitutes water for the game, but...in the end...

Warning: Spoilers inside!

I never knew there was an Anime for this game. I'm going to watch it later.

4. mrfatso

Member mrfatso That guy!!

Singapore
    just so you know, it's best to have no expectation at all. Since let's just say, there are a number of differences between the game and the anime.

5. ShinRyouma

Member ShinRyouma GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Indonesia
    Yes, there are some differences between the anime and the game, but both of them are entertaining. I've watched the anime before playing the game, I was surprised, it seems the anime isn't connected to the game. But both of them are good [​IMG]

6. sedicius

Newcomer sedicius Member

United States
    Hmm, the anime is not connected with the game story,
    but slightly connected to the game CG opening.

That or I'm imagining things.
    How confusing..
    D:

7. Mr.Mysterio

Member Mr.Mysterio GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Qatar
    Uhhh!
    Morte is such an annoying character IMO.
    She really has no character development at all other than yelling kill and destroy all the time.

8. Overlord Nadrian

Banned Overlord Nadrian Banned

Belgium
    Everyone except Morte is stupid. Morte's the only one with a little personality.