Gaming Sands of Destruction or Nostalgia?

Rev Jim

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Guyana
Looking at starting a new RPG on the DS. Thinking Sands of Destruction and Nostalgia - both seem to have mixed reviews. I know SOD just came out so...but anyways, feel free to chime in.

I enjoy all kinds of RPGS, the only ones I don't care for really are some of the more kiddyish one aimed solely at the 10-15 year old market, no offense...I'm just a little too old for those
biggrin.gif
Really though I love everything from JRPGs to western action to strategy, real-time, turn-based...you name it! So just base it on your experiences

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pirate them both.

Either way you go, both are great choices. If you like "ye olde" RPG's with a very classical battle system, go for Nostalgia. If you're looking for something new to mix it up, go with Sands. Still, you won't regret either of them.

ShinRyouma

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Like Guild McCommunist said, download them both, or are you going to buy the original game?
If I have to choose, I'll pick Sands of Destruction.

don_eno

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
nostalgia is a game for kids. sands of destruction is better so if you have to chose, chose this or try them both and decide which is better.

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Honestly, if you're a pirate, get them both. If not... get Sands of Destruction. I don't know, because Nostalgia didn't meet my expectations for some reason. The gameplay is well-paced, but it lost me early on. I'm still addicted to SOD.

evening

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Nostagia has some great ideas behind it, like the airship battles and the leveling up system. Leveling up relminds me of the sphere grid in Final Fantasy 10. Also traveling around the world was kinda fun. The graphics look good as well. Although the mechanics of the game are good, it still was boring after the first few hours.

Sands of Destruction on the other hand has pixely* graphics, severe lagging in the dialogue. I though my game was freezing because every time a character speaks, there is a lag of a few seconds before another character responds. Although the game has these flaws I'm still interested enough in the game play and story to keep playing. Also using CP to gain new abilities is fun.

I definately prefer SoD over Nostalgia although Nostalgia seems to the more polished of the 2 games

* not a word.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
don_eno said:
nostalgia is a game for kids. sands of destruction is better so if you have to chose, chose this or try them both and decide which is better.

A game for kids? It's got some very, very old school mechanics and decent enough difficulty that not many kids would like it.

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Guild McCommunist said:
don_eno said:

A game for kids? It's got some very, very old school mechanics and decent enough difficulty that not many kids would like it.
Skies of Arcadia comes to mind.
Nostalgia is a really good game. I got bored with my DS so I haven't played much of it.

Ishidori

Trophies
XP
Country
By far Sands of Destruction -Although both game are pretty average-, but SoD has a deeper plot. Nostalgia is clasic but eventually get bored.

ericling

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
I played Nostalgia.
It is pretty shallow.
Means when you playing,if you keep smashing the "A"(continue button) in the conversation,you can easily get lost.It is hard to track back what you gonna do next.It is soo damn frustrating.
Do you check out the Gamespot review? Here should help you to decide
smile.gif

btw,I haven play Sands.But I think it should be better. The dual screen battle is kinda cool
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.