Sands of Destruction new trailer

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by granville, Aug 4, 2009.

Aug 4, 2009
  1. granville
    OP

Member granville GBAtemp Goat

United States
    Wait to tease people Sega. You delay Sands of Destruction until January 2010 and put out a teaser of the US version to mess with out heads. [​IMG] There's a new trailer at any rate, with rather annoying voice acting I might add. Have a look if you're interested-

The game itself looks awesome. I hear that they are trying to "improve" the game for US release. They are adding in a newly composed soundtrack (not sure how that will turn out) and tweaking the battles to be harder (apparently to get rid of broken exploits found by fans). January 2010 is a bit overdoing it though. If I recall, the game has been out in Japan well over a year now. It was one of the first games besides ASH to be made on a 256MB cartridge, so get ready to make room for it. Said to have a ton of voice acting and somewhere near 80 minutes of full motion video. The game looks good too.

January 2010.

2. Rock Raiyu

Member Rock Raiyu Clock Up

United States
    I find it awkward we were just talking about this game two nights ago and then the trailer pops up. And the voices remind me of Luminous Arc...which were...*ahem*

On topic, this game better have improvements then the Japanese version for this long of a wait. Was supposed to be out Winter of this year but then they pushed it back. Better not let me down Sega.

3. granville
    OP

Member granville GBAtemp Goat

United States
    Yes, the voices are a bit.....questionable. There's always undubs though, so no reason to hate the entire game for it. I even lived through Luminous Arc without feeling it was going to kill me to listen.

And the game was actually supposed to be out by summer this year originally. Like just a few weeks ago in fact, sometime in July. The reason they are delaying it is NOT for a good reason sadly. They are not taking their time to improve the game, I can be 95% certain. The reason for the delay until next year is because they are releasing the anime in the states. The anime is said to be coming in January as well. The reason they delayed the game is to make its release simultaneous with the anime. Sad but true. What a lame excuse for a delay. And I heard from some people that the anime isn't even that good.

4. Rock Raiyu

Member Rock Raiyu Clock Up

United States
    Yeah I was aware of the anime. The anime was meh at best. It's a good watch but nothing I'd recommend until the last few episodes. I like the manga better.

I'm sure Sega will do something to make it up to us. I'm sure.

5. Maverick_z

Member Maverick_z When did i join again??

Canada
    sure hope you're right