Sands of destruction.. AP check?

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by yukko, Jan 17, 2010.

Jan 17, 2010

Sands of destruction.. AP check? by yukko at 8:25 PM (2,494 Views / 0 Likes) 9 replies

1. yukko
    OP

Newcomer yukko Member

Brazil
    im playing the game a bit and i just killed the "pig rex" boss. it was a hell of a boss, i was doing a good dmg, but his hp never droped.. kyrie died a lot @_@

well, the fing is, im playing now the (J) version.. and the first dungeon, in the US version i almost died like 3 or 4 times. in the J, almost 1, and the dmg i took was really low, the exp gainned after the battle, was a good exp. i will play it for a little longger to see, but i think the US version HAS a AP check, and the AP check gives low exp, doubles (probably) monsters hp and give a significant boost to them, leaving the game on Survive mode.

i got the undub patch 'couse the voice acting is horrible. i want to ask, since i dont know hacking, if there is a possibility of putting ENG text in the J rom, becouse i think the J dont have AP check.

thx in advance.

2. KevInChester

Member KevInChester GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    They adjusted the difficulty for the US release, it isn't AP.

Also I'm not that great at games, pretty average but I found the Pig Rex boss to be easy, you are upgrading your skills right?

3. yukko
    OP

Newcomer yukko Member

Brazil
    yes, i am upgrading them, but even so, using skills and attacks, he took a long time to die.

well, dont know if they ajusted the dificulty, since PS0 have this kind of AP

4. miruki

Member miruki GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Germany
    They adjusted the difficulty, the Japanese version was said to be ridicliously easy. I think it's possible to add the English text to the Japanese game, check the undub thread for that, someone there mentioned doing that.

Or just use some cheats, there's plenty out already... you just need to add them manually to your cheat file thinger.

5. yukko
    OP

Newcomer yukko Member

Brazil
    well.. if its just dificulty ajust, its fine (i guess). about the cheats, i dont like using them, they ruin the game =p

thx for the awnsers

6. miruki

Member miruki GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Germany
    Depends. I think every 5 seconds of enemy encounter ruin a game where you are supposed to run around alot. I'd rather have no enemies pop up and have those battles you HAVE to fight give lots of XP instead. So in this case, I do like using cheats.

7. Shintek

Newcomer Shintek Member

Germany
    Currently Lv51 in the Tower of Wind, the game is way to easy imho(The Boss in this Tower is hardcore, on a whole different level). Rhi'a's Songs are way to OP and the chain-flurry skills are to strong(for almost all chars).

Without any healing and buff/debuff you get the special skill every turn.

8. xclownx

Newcomer xclownx Newbie

Canada
    Agreed. [​IMG]
    Overall, gameplay is really easy. All your character's are OP as long as you chain and level the fury attacks. Buffs in this game are also OP.

Ex: no def buff = 100 damage
    with def buff = 1 damage

Finishing the game recently, the last boss is a joke. you should not have any problems with combat any time throughout the game.

9. don_eno

Member don_eno GBAtemp Regular

Greece
    if you have the right level this game should be very easy. don't use cheats because they will ruin your game except for the random encouter cheats.

10. naoan

Newcomer naoan Member

Indonesia
    Taupy + his special skill (up all status) make the game even more broken. And getting special attack is guaranteed, unless the boss die first which happen a LOT for the two/third of the game.