Sandisk MicroSD and R4

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by Kellicros, Sep 10, 2007.

1. Kellicros
    OP

Kellicros GBAtemp Fan

Mar 8, 2006
    I have been reading that the R4 works the best with Kingston's. well, I plan to get a new 2 gig but I couldn't find Kingston's, out of stock they said, but I did find Sandisk's selling at lower price. So I am wondering, is it worth buying for the R4? How much is it worse when compared to Kingston's? Thanks in advance.

EDIT: WOoops, wrong forum, very sorry. Can a mod help moving please? :S

2. 4saken

4saken Retired Ace Attorney

Nov 28, 2006
    It's not as bad as people say it is. You will miss out of playing the odd one or two games (Castlevania: POR is the main one). Other than that it's actually fine.

Of course it's better to get the Toshiba/Kingston if you can.

3. rhyguy

rhyguy GBAtemp Maniac

Jul 21, 2007
    Melbourne
    I use it, and i've had no prblems with games and such

it is a bit laggy in downhill jam, and i dont play castlevania,so i'm happy with it

4. Scumisen

Scumisen Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 6, 2007
    Works perfect to me too, except C:PoR.

5. Upperleft

Upperleft Namcoholic

Aug 15, 2007
    i use a 2 gig sandisk =]

works pefectly without slowz [​IMG]

if you didn't find a kingstone get a sandisk ^^!

6. matti00

matti00 Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 8, 2006
    I've got the same, it's been hassle free for me. Got Tony Hawk's Project 8 and I've never been fussed about Castlevania, so it's been okay I think those were the only games with major problems. I would recommend getting one it's a pretty smart little card, and I haven't had any problems with my Sandisk 2GB yet

7. molvik

molvik Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 10, 2007
    United States
    The kingston microsd cards carried by newegg are the fancy made in japan models that work perfectly with the R4. I can verify they work in POR.

8. Artheido

Artheido GBAtemp Fan

Aug 31, 2007
    England
    I have a Sandisk 2GB MicroSD card. So far there's been no problems. I never had a liking for Castlevania games.

9. thomasroberts6

thomasroberts6 GBAtemp Fan

Aug 13, 2007
    I have a 2 GB Kingston mem cardformine, and it works brilliantly.

You do know theres a special forum for R4's?

10. di33yuk

di33yuk Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 10, 2007
    i have a 1gb sandisk never had a problem with it, had upto 22 games on it at one time. i also have 4gb sandisk on my psp and they work 10x better than offical sony ones

11. DarkAura

DarkAura Offline

Aug 20, 2007
    Canada
    Over there.
    This IS the DS part of GBA Temp, right? But then, I do have a PSP with just the Sony 2 gig. But then again, I kinda ditched my PSP when I got a DS.

I would wait for a new stock of Kingstons to come in. They have 100% game compatibility, and a little faster and cheaper.