Hacking Sandisk 4gb Micro SDHC

Lush

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I am about to buy a cyclods evolution to replace my ds-x... I was gonna get the 2gb kingston japanese micro sd card, but now i see that i can have the evo shipped with a sandisk 4gb micro sdhc card... my question is, is the sandisk card as fast or faster than the kingston (japan) micro sd card? anyone here tested the sandisk micro sdhc card with troubled games such as castlevania portrait of ruin? any feedback is greatly appreciated... thank-you

johnchan

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The 4GB sandisk is slower than the 2GB kingston jap, and will freeze in castlevania. So if you REALLY need to play castlevania then get the 2GB.. if you dont care about that one, single game not working properly then get the 4GB and enjoy all that additional storage space
smile.gif

metalcaipira

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I am about to buy a cyclods evolution to replace my ds-x... I was gonna get the 2gb kingston japanese micro sd card, but now i see that i can have the evo shipped with a sandisk 4gb micro sdhc card... my question is, is the sandisk card as fast or faster than the kingston (japan) micro sd card? anyone here tested the sandisk micro sdhc card with troubled games such as castlevania portrait of ruin? any feedback is greatly appreciated... thank-you
Avoid Sandisk. Here is a speed list that should help you. http://www.ninjapass.com/Developments.html

LingLing1337

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The 4GB sandisk is slower than the 2GB kingston jap, and will freeze in castlevania. So if you REALLY need to play castlevania then get the 2GB.. if you dont care about that one, single game not working properly then get the 4GB and enjoy all that additional storage space
smile.gif

Not to be a whiner, but the word "jap" is considered a racial slur. Please try and spell it out next time. Look: Japanese, Japanese, Japenese. Not so hard.

Now, in the way of memory cards, the TeamNinja site says that one card's speed is "auto". Any idea what that means?

AeN0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
According to wikipedia :

QUOTE said:
SDHC cards have SD Speed Class Ratings defined by the SD Association. The SD Speed Class Ratings specify the following minimum sustained write speed on to empty SDHC cards:

* Class 2: 2 MB/s
  * Class 4: 4 MB/s
  * Class 6: 6 MB/s

quartercast

Trophies
XP
Country
Singapore
If you get your hands on a Class 4 microSDHC, you shouldn't have any problems. I saw some really cheap Class 4 TopRAM 4GB microSDHC cards on ebay recently, and I think toshiba has released their own 4GB range too. Get toshiba if you can, and the card should say class 4 on it.

4saken

Retired Ace Attorney
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I don't think topram has 4GB microSDHC, they probably were just SDHC. Toshiba ones are the fastest though, a test by a member of Moddz confirmed that they were fast, if not faster, than the 1 and 2GB Toshiba.

quartercast

Trophies
XP
Country
Singapore
...and while "Jap" may be considered a racial slur in America, this is not the case everywhere. In Australia, jap is used as an abbreviation by most people, including chinese and japanese people. We also use terms like pom, frog, leb, wog quite freely. I think wog still has a tiny bit of stigma attached to it, but many people here use it to describe themselves.. with pride!

EDIT: 4saken, check here
link

4saken

Retired Ace Attorney
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hmm link doesn't work. I'll search on eBay myself now.

edit: found it.. very interesting. I'd be willing to put money on the Toshiba being faster

ps3ud0

Trophies
XP
Country
According to wikipedia :

QUOTE said:
SDHC cards have SD Speed Class Ratings defined by the SD Association. The SD Speed Class Ratings specify the following minimum sustained write speed on to empty SDHC cards:

* Class 2: 2 MB/s
  * Class 4: 4 MB/s
  * Class 6: 6 MB/s
Unfortunately it looks like the Sandisk 4GB SDHC is a Class 2 device so not the speediest - still better to get a normal microSD for those awkward games and get a SDHC for storage...

ps3ud0
cool.gif

h8uthemost

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you dont care about that one, single game not working properly then get the 4GB and enjoy all that additional storage space
smile.gif

Well, it's not just that one game. If one game freezes on slower card, then there are bound to be future games that will freeze too.

I would just get the 2GB Kingston(J) for now, and I guess Toshiba is releasing their 8GB(J) pretty soon.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Sicklyboy, Hey