Sandisk 2GB Ultra II MicroSD

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by hunter182, Mar 3, 2007.

Mar 3, 2007
  1. hunter182
    OP

Newcomer hunter182 Newbie

United Kingdom
    I've recently bought a 2GB Sandisk Ultra II MicroSD off http://www.mymemory.co.uk for £43 including delivery.

Since I've had it, I have encountered multiple problems with the card. First thing I did when I got the card was format it, which failed as my computer froze when you tried to right click the drive or File on the menu, after a while it would eventually come up but when I tried to format the card it would return an error saying that the card cannot be formatted.

So, I contacted mymemory.co.uk and they sent me a replacement. However, this time after fiddling around and searching around for a while, I managed to format it...having to use my phone as a card reader.

On drive properties it reads 968MB used space and 968MB free space, out of a total of 1.86GB, but the card has nothing on it :\

Any ideas what's going on? I have a feeling that it may be a fake card..but im not sure.

2. DEF-

Member DEF- GBAtemp Regular

Sweden
    Maybe the phone only supports 1GB? That might be why it only formated that amount.

But really the microSD should not act like that, but I don't think its the microSD's fault. It is more likely to be your cardreader, your motherboard, your usb-drivers or windows. Those are a few of my guesses.

Have you tried the microSD in another computer with another cardreader? If not then please do.

And if it's still not working, it might be a fake, yes. But for that price it really shouldnt be.

3. hunter182
    OP

Newcomer hunter182 Newbie

United Kingdom
    Thanks for your reply Deff.

I have tried on two other computers but have not tried with another card reader, I only have one. I may have to buy a new one as it could be faulty but I have used the card reader to read/write files directly through a microsd to SD adapter for 2 different microsd cards and they work fine. No problems with freezing or anything, I just dont get why its not working with just the Ultra II card.

On a side note, I've only just noticed that the price has dropped down to £23.99 for the same card for which I've paid twice as much for it.

Should I need ask for a refund, am I entitled to my £43 back or would I only recieve £23.99?