Sandisk 2GB Ultra II MicroSD

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by hunter182, Mar 3, 2007.

1. hunter182
    OP

hunter182 Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 27, 2006
    I've recently bought a 2GB Sandisk Ultra II MicroSD off http://www.mymemory.co.uk for £43 including delivery.

Since I've had it, I have encountered multiple problems with the card. First thing I did when I got the card was format it, which failed as my computer froze when you tried to right click the drive or File on the menu, after a while it would eventually come up but when I tried to format the card it would return an error saying that the card cannot be formatted.

So, I contacted mymemory.co.uk and they sent me a replacement. However, this time after fiddling around and searching around for a while, I managed to format it...having to use my phone as a card reader.

On drive properties it reads 968MB used space and 968MB free space, out of a total of 1.86GB, but the card has nothing on it :\

Any ideas what's going on? I have a feeling that it may be a fake card..but im not sure.

2. DEF-

DEF- GBAtemp Regular

Feb 25, 2003
    Sweden
    Maybe the phone only supports 1GB? That might be why it only formated that amount.

But really the microSD should not act like that, but I don't think its the microSD's fault. It is more likely to be your cardreader, your motherboard, your usb-drivers or windows. Those are a few of my guesses.

Have you tried the microSD in another computer with another cardreader? If not then please do.

And if it's still not working, it might be a fake, yes. But for that price it really shouldnt be.

3. hunter182
    OP

hunter182 Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 27, 2006
    Thanks for your reply Deff.

I have tried on two other computers but have not tried with another card reader, I only have one. I may have to buy a new one as it could be faulty but I have used the card reader to read/write files directly through a microsd to SD adapter for 2 different microsd cards and they work fine. No problems with freezing or anything, I just dont get why its not working with just the Ultra II card.

On a side note, I've only just noticed that the price has dropped down to £23.99 for the same card for which I've paid twice as much for it.

Should I need ask for a refund, am I entitled to my £43 back or would I only recieve £23.99?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice