SanDisk 2GB MicroSD Malfunction?

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by ray00110, Oct 3, 2007.

Oct 3, 2007
  1. ray00110
    OP

Newcomer ray00110 Newbie

Australia
    I got an 2 GB Sandisk MicroSD and an R4, they're both pretty new, bought it about mid February this year.
    Anyway about a week ago my MicroSD card started say that;
    "USB Device Not Recognized, one of the USB devcices attached to this computer has malfunctioned, and Windows does not recognized it."
    I firstly thought there was something wrong with my computer's USB ports etc. So I plugged in some random USB that I had and it worked, nothing wrong with the USB ports. So I tried plugging in my MicroSD again and it still came up with this "USB Device not Recognized" error again.
    So then I thought the R4's MicroSD card reader was stuffed, so I found a SD card reader and tried it. To my disapointment it still came up with the "USB Device Not Recognized, one of the USB devcices attached to this computer has malfunctioned, and Windows does not recognized it." error.
    I'm thinking of buying a new MicroSD though my current one is worknig perfectly with the R4 when playing, the only problem is the "USB Device not Recognized" error when plugging it into the computer. Any solutions?

2. rhyguy

Member rhyguy GBAtemp Maniac

Australia
    mabye you usb ports spazzed

try a different computer

3. ray00110
    OP

Newcomer ray00110 Newbie

Australia
    Yeah, I tried it on my brother's desktop computer and his laptop, still recieving the same error.

4. myclock

Member myclock GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    this was like mine.. had to buy a new one.

5. Saylient_Dreams

Member Saylient_Dreams GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Did you try to use another SD reader? Could be the reader itself. Just plugging in the reader might cause it to appear alright, but when putting media in it, it could cause an error in the reader. Does the MicroSD still work in your flash cart? I think it could be the reader.

6. ray00110
    OP

Newcomer ray00110 Newbie

Australia
    Yeah I used another SD Reader (kinda old one) , same error and yes the SD still works perfectly in my R4 flashcard.
    I'm going to buy a NEW SD reader, because they're cheaper than a new SD. If the SD reader doesn't work I'll try buying a new SD.
    Hopefully the new card reader works. [​IMG]