Hacking SanDisk 2.0gb Micro SD

SPiko

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I'm new to the DS flash card scene. My R4 is still in the mail but I just got my Micro SD card today. As I'm sure you guessed it's a Sandisk 2gig. It was the most expensive card on newegg so I figured it would be worth it right? But the damn thing says made in Taiwan.
cry.gif

Anyway I'm just wondering if anyone has used this card and what your results were. Should I keep it or send it back?

Thank you for any advise you have to offer.

4saken

Retired Ace Attorney
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
All Sandisk 2 GB are made in Taiwan. I'm quite sure the only game it doesn't run is Castlevania : POR (crashes) and slowdowns in Tony Hawk Downhill Jam.

If you're concerned with those, you should have gotten those really cheap Kingston 1 gigs (made in Japan).

SPiko

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is that all? I thought there were issues with other games as well. Hmmm. Well 2 isn't so bad.
wtf.gif

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All Sandisk 2 GB are made in Taiwan. I'm quite sure the only game it doesn't run is Castlevania : POR (crashes) and slowdowns in Tony Hawk Downhill Jam.

If you're concerned with those, you should have gotten those really cheap Kingston 1 gigs (made in Japan).

Sandisk are fairly decent flash memory, not as good as the Kingston 1gig, but decent enough to run most games. If PoR and Tony Hawk have issues, just buy those games if you really want to play them. One or two games bought out of hundreds won't kill you.

dbgtdob

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the only reason that every tells you that taiwan is bad is because kingston and pny used low quality chips in their micro sd, but kingston main plant is in taiwan, the one in japan used better chips so they are good its not that all cards made in taiwan are bad its just that they cut corners on quality on the 1gb, but the 2gb sandisk made in taiwan is just fine, its the 1 gb sandisk you have to worry about.

miikes

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
2gb taiwan sandisks are great. the only games i don't have on it are pokemon and PoR (since they hang).

In turn, I'm actually having my main (current, because my pokemans don't like the sandisk) games on my 1gb J kingston (r4) and music/old but must have games/comics/other media on my 2gb were I'm just using my sclite just as a card holder :wtf:

Louse76

Trophies
Website
myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
I haven't tried Pokemon on my Sandisk 2 GB MicroSD, but I have tried all of the games known to be problematic, and they have been fine. I will try to remember to test it out and post here.

PM me in a day or so if I don't post back and you'd like me to check into it.

SPiko

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks please do. When my R4 gets here (soon I hope) I will post my findings on the trouble games as well.
EDIT:
So Ive loaded up all the problem games and played them without a hitch! I'm happy with the SanDisk 2gig so far.

YodaBoy

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I got some sandisk 2GB microsd for some friends, i tested the problem games too, intros all run fine, game play is fine.

is there specific bit that’s men tot make it crash? it all looks good to me

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over