Hacking SanDisk 1GB microSD ULTRA II

hanzo1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was wondering if anyone has used this flash card with the EZ-Flash 4 Lite? Are there any slowdowns? etc...

SanDisk Ultra II microSD cards are high-performance memory cards ideal for mobile device enthusiasts looking for the best performance and quality to store their premium content. This high-capacity 1GB card provides plenty of storage for longer play-lists of music, full-length videos for mobile phones, or viewing hundreds of photos on your microSD-enabled digital device. It features a write speed of 9MB/sec and a read speed of 10MB/sec. It also includes an adapter so you can use this card in your full sized Secure Digital (SD) enabled devices

BUY.COM FLash Card Link

Thanks...

meangreenie

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Tests have already been done, it seems as if the ez4 is the bottle neck not the memory card. Faster mem cards made no difference.

antihaxer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have 2 and both work perfectly for my pda and EZ4 Lite. I would recommend getting them. It is alsoa bonus that they come with sd adaptors.

Tir

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

troublesome

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
is it true that you can't use over 1GB Micro SD card in the EZ4L? is this a fact or just a rumor i read on one of these pages? has anyone tried it with a 2GB or bigger MSD??? cuz im tryin to decide on what size card to get... thnx

Ichiban

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
2GB micro cards are not out yet... By the end of the year though!
smile.gif

bobbyblunt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tests have already been done, it seems as if the ez4 is the bottle neck not the memory card. Faster mem cards made no difference.
Yep, and benchmarks show regular micro SD cards are generally faster than most mini SD anyway. Be interesting to see if the SC Lite has any similar slowdown issues with micro SD.

http://www.valuemedia.co.uk/tf_chart.htm
http://www.valuemedia.co.uk/minisd_chart.htm

Going by those charts, the standard Sandisk micro-SD has a read speed of about 5.2Mb/S and the Ultra micro-SD has a read speed of about 5.8Mb/S.
I think it would be hard to notice much of an increase with using a faster card at the moment. Maybe wait for a 150x to really get the benefit (if the cart will allow it)

tiredofpsp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
im just about to buy me a ez4lite with 1gb Tf, but now that 2gb is out.... hmm does anyone know if its compatible with the ez4l?

compi_

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
you can buy them on ebay too, the seller has a 99% positive feedback on 111086 transactions, so i think he is trustworthy
wink.gif

click
But it's kinda expensive 87 euros shipped!

_Mazza_

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Still, if you read the ebay guides you will find out a lot of seller in hong kong sell counterfeit cards but still get good feedback because people don't check them properly before leaving feedback.

Also don't you think it's a but weird only one seller has them?

I think the shop linked to earlier must buy from hong kong where most of the counterfeit factories are and sell them on. You would probably get this card and it wold have slow treansfer speeds and the memory would corrupt for no reason. I would stay away.

steeli

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
found a couple of other UK sellers through froogle. Google seems to like komplett.no. Did searches based on the manufacturers id, as well as just 2gb sandisk micro sd!

*Not to say they're legit or anything, seeing as sandisk doesn't appear to have em on their website

bobbyblunt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: