Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
United States
WiiBricker said:
t377y000 said:
Cuelhu said:
why don't you enter the homebrew bounty?

you think so? :yaynds
which one should i enter?

You have good chances if you enter the DSi Homebrew Bounty.

have a question about this bounty
how many homebrews can i enter?
can i enter both above or only 1?

Reactions: Margen67

Cuelhu

GBATemp's Pepelatz Driver
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
t377y000 said:
WiiBricker said:
t377y000 said:
Cuelhu said:
why don't you enter the homebrew bounty?

you think so? :yaynds
which one should i enter?

You have good chances if you enter the DSi Homebrew Bounty.

have a question about this bounty
how many homebrews can i enter?
can i enter both above or only 1?
I saw some people entering more than one and in the same category.
I don't know all the details, but there is this thread where you can ask.

Thesolcity

Wherever the light shines, it casts a shadow.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am genuinely impressed by this, but I wish you'd slow the animation so two steps later I'm not at the other end of the room. I'm pretty sure you know where to go from there. Definitely a DS/i Homebrew Bounty-worthy project though.
yaynds.gif

T3GZdev

head of T3GZdev
OP
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
United States
Thesolcity said:
I am genuinely impressed by this, but I wish you'd slow the animation so two steps later I'm not at the other end of the room. I'm pretty sure you know where to go from there. Definitely a DS/i Homebrew Bounty-worthy project though.
yaynds.gif
thanks, yes that is something i need to work on.
im thinking about making the ruins far bigger, & im gonna work on the animation tonight.
im also taking ideas tho for rooms.

NeoZeroEXE

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Oh hey, this looks potentially awesome.

In case you don't already have it, here, take this! That little archive contains every single texture from Megaman Legends, along with some from Legends 2.

As far as ruins and stuff are concerned, if you haven't recently, I'd recommend playing through at least the first game again. What you're looking for is boxy design, and lots of corridors. Stuff kinda like this:

Ignore the texture colors, that's just how they show up in Worldcraft. And yes, I have been working on a Legends ruin in Quake. Quite fun, in fact.

Mind you, you don't have to outright copy the designs from the games, but you can take inspiration, and note that there is a certain building style to keep in mind. Certain textures are only used in certain places, for example. Ceilings are almost always just plain black, except for in a few places. Lots of 90 degree angles and such. Also note that all the ruins exist on a grid-based system. Take note of the ground textures, they'll help you out a lot. Notice how they're square shaped. Each square ground texture is one block on the grid. Also note that while the wall textures tend to be 128 pixels tall, in the game, they're scaled down to about 96 pixels, but not scaled horizontally.

I'd totally include screenshots from the game to show this all, but I'm too lazy to take them at the moment. Oh wait, nevermind, I just took some screenshots from my ruins running in Quake instead!

Out of curiosity, how do you make maps for your engine? Have you made some sort of program for it, or is is just a model of some sort?

NinjaxFoote

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looks simply amazing for early stages.
Though, I can't help but notice how big the file size is.
True, 2 megs isn't a lot, but without music and such a small area. Are you going to be able to compress the filesize and keep the same quality for the graphics? I really hope so.
smile.gif

T3GZdev

head of T3GZdev
OP
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE(NeoZeroEXE @ May 17 2011, 12:07 AM)
Oh hey, this looks potentially awesome.

In case you don't already have it, here, take this! That little archive contains every single texture from Megaman Legends, along with some from Legends 2.

As far as ruins and stuff are concerned, if you haven't recently, I'd recommend playing through at least the first game again. What you're looking for is boxy design, and lots of corridors. Stuff kinda like this:

Ignore the texture colors, that's just how they show up in Worldcraft. And yes, I have been working on a Legends ruin in Quake. Quite fun, in fact.

Mind you, you don't have to outright copy the designs from the games, but you can take inspiration, and note that there is a certain building style to keep in mind. Certain textures are only used in certain places, for example. Ceilings are almost always just plain black, except for in a few places. Lots of 90 degree angles and such. Also note that all the ruins exist on a grid-based system. Take note of the ground textures, they'll help you out a lot. Notice how they're square shaped. Each square ground texture is one block on the grid. Also note that while the wall textures tend to be 128 pixels tall, in the game, they're scaled down to about 96 pixels, but not scaled horizontally.

Out of curiosity, how do you make maps for your engine? Have you made some sort of program for it, or is is just a model of some sort?

the reason the file size is big, the megaman animated model is 1.70MB, everything elsi is KB.
thanks alot, this should help alot. everythings perfect
yaynds.gif

i was riping the models & textures from the megaman 64 game & 1964 emu. when ripping everythings very fragmented tho have to manually reassign & organize textures & remove doubles from the models.

& i have played the 1st megaman 64 & beat lots of times, the 2nd one im getting trugh it via emu.

& how the map is set up in v002?
its basicly 3 models,
b1room which is the 1st room.
b1floor which is the floor, for each room.
& b2room which is the 2nd & 3rd room.
for now are basically the codes set up for an infinite descending level lol.but the next version should change to a more familiar design like from 64 & legends 2.

NeoZeroEXE

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ooh, nice. I thought that was the actual model. Good job getting that ingame here and all.

As far as mapping goes, if you're ever looking for any assistance in that, just drop me a PM or something here, and I can possibly help you out some. For whatever reason, I love the building style of the ruins, and wouldn't mind putting that to use in something that may actually have some use.

loco365

Trophies
XP
This could be an amazing base to many, many great homebrew! It'd even be what I'd be looking for in my homebrew idea. I wonder if a source is available?

T3GZdev

head of T3GZdev
OP
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
United States
hi guys just informing i haven't forgotten about this project, :grog: im still working on this project daily & have made massive improvements since the last release, the game was broken up into 2 divisions Sandbox Engine DSi-Hybrid & Sandbox Engine DSi-Classic(aka sandbox engine DS-DSi).
Sandbox Engine DSi-Hybrid is using a completely new code from scratch, taking the game further into what im envisioning will be the major version. while Sandbox Engine DSi-Classic will stay with the ds-dsi feel & engine. with the next few days i ill be pushing to release 1 of the new versions. guess which will it be. :wink:
https://sites.google.com/site/t3gameszero/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjK2lPBzGzo