Addicted to Magical Girls
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
Here is a patch made by BoxShot.
BoxShot said:
Are you asking me if it will be mixed up? I wouldn't know as I haven't played very far or noticed anything. Uh do you mean dyslexia? Oddly when you replace the files it shows World Destruction on the intro part to the title screen.

Made a patch.
http://www.mediafire.com/?t0yimnuywgz
http://www.mediafire.com/?mn2jt3jd2zi

I can't really say anything if anything is wrong as I haven't played very far yet. 104MB
frown.gif

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Just watch, you'll go through all the trouble of figuring out how to undub it.....

.....and the (U) ROM will have all the voice acting stripped.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
.Darky said:
Inpression said:
I don't mind if the english voice acting is of quality but we all know how they usually skimp out on it.
This.

English voice acting is usually mediocre.

Would you rather have mediocre voice acting that you can understand or good voice acting that's absolute Jibberish to you? Just sayin'.

But hey, any type of ROM hacking project is good, I guess.

sadak5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
For this kind of games I prefer the original Japanese voices, not only because the anime-like style, but because sometimes (or almost allways) the american voice acting losses the feeling of some situations.

I played the .Hack games for PS2 and I liket it have both voice acting in them, antried both and sticked with Japanese.

Taedirk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:
.Darky said:
Inpression said:
I don't mind if the english voice acting is of quality but we all know how they usually skimp out on it.
This.

English voice acting is usually mediocre.

Would you rather have mediocre voice acting that you can understand or good voice acting that's absolute Jibberish to you? Just sayin'.

But hey, any type of ROM hacking project is good, I guess.

Jibberish. I may not understand everything being said, but I can understand the emotions they're trying to convey.

Danny Tanner

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I wonder if the Japanese think their VA's are hokey and corny, and we English speakers just don't know it because we don't speak the language. I always give dubs a chance. Sadly, most are really terrible. But usually not enough to ruin the game (or television show).

EDIT: Maybe this will be like the DBZ:AotS where the (U) game has Japanese voices. Does anybody know if the (J) ingame voices were the same as the Sands of Destruction anime?

Mr.Positive

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Personally, I think anybody interested in an undub should try and give the english dub a chance first. The worst thing that can happen is that you won't like the voices and you'll have to apply a JP patch. Maybe the dub'll be good? There's only one way to find out.

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've never been interested in undubbing a game except for Dragonball Origins. They changed the awesome cartoon opening from the Japanese version into a crappy intro for the US version.

They've recomposed the soundtrack for the US version. It's by the same dude who did the Japanese version (Mitsuda, who did Chrono Trigger and other games), but we don't know how it will turn out. Might be an interest in switching it out if it sucks.

ShinRyouma

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
pitman said:
I know the game isn't out yet but people will surely want to undub it since its full of voice acting, so in preparation for the release I downloaded the J rom and unpacked it, there is a folder called "stream" which contains 2000 .sad files (seems like sound files ?) and in the "data" folder there are 100 .iear files and 8 movie files in the movie folder.

Does it look like a simple file replacement will be necessary or it will require special hacking ?
Maybe you should see other undub projects first, unpack them and examine what are necessary to undub a game. Then try undubbing a game.

haflore

aeternaliter fluxa
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Um, XXLANCEXX..you just named a rom site..might wanna get rid of that.

EDIT: Just saw that you fixed it, good thing someone else didn't.

XXLANCEXX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just got back from meijers where i am and i saw that they were opening boxes in the electronics and i saw that they had a box full of Sands Of Destruction and other games... i felt horrible because i spent all my money on paying off dantes inferno and God of War III for the PS3... soo check you meijers or see if walmart has it...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    So true
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @K3Nv2 Snow Day is pretty fun. My only bitch would be the camera controls, when you move around, say down, you have to move the right stick left or right to get camera to turn and get your view, other than that I like it so far.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    From what people say pvp isn't even worth it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just been playing offline, and they give you a few bots here n there on your team to help battle. I don't think it's as funny as the other games tho, more battle oriented than humor, which kinda sucks, but I'm still early in it
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, doesnt the game have a campaign mode?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea, and co-op, but you can also start a pvp session and battle just with friends. You get special skill cards (powers) the more you play. And higher value cards, but you can only enable so many cards at a time.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If you can find enough for it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Toilet paper is considered the money, you collect and buy stuff with TP, kinda funny. Graphics are def better than the other games tho, I think they used Unity 5 engine.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Look if I zoom in enough I can see the herpes!!!
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    In fact I'm gonna go make a drink, roll a fatty n play some, good night to all!
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I bet most people at the time still watched it in black and white
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Many of them did before colour television was common.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Likely because black and white TV was in-expensive.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It certainly wasn't inexpensive it cost the same as a new car back then
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How much did a 1965 color TV cost?

For example, a 21-inch (diagonal) GE color television in 1965 had an advertised price of $499, which is equal to $4,724 in today's dollars, according to the federal government's inflation calculator.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, take into consideration how economy was back then
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah that's why they listed inflation rates
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Sorry didnt read that part
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK don't worry i knew he was joking
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    My first color TV was like 1984 or something lol