ROM Hack Sand of Destruction Undub

.Darky

Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
I don't have any sound glitches while saving. Using the latest YSMenu build.

Btw, I undubbed the game manually...perhaps that's the reason.

shineek

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Poland
yeah there is but it does not fit that good , even when you put it on 2 its still too loud and on 1 its to silent , but i put the japanese soundtrack in the undub and it fits perfectly , so its just my suggestion , you dont have to do it , but still i recommend it .

Shardnax

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:
I never got the point of dubs and undubs. What's the point of having the Japanese voices if you can't understand Japanese? And if you do understand Japanese, just play the Japanese game.

Exactly
biggrin.gif

RyviusRan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can understand the spoken Japanese language but I am not so good at reading the language.

So if I can take away some of the headaches of slowly translating the game without needing to look through my Japanese dictionary then it's a plus.

SargeSmash

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unzaree said:
It's because the English voices suck so much compared to the original ones that make people want to cut their ears off.
Hmm... don't know that I'd say the English voice acting is really that bad. In fact, it's been rather decent, for the short amount of time I've played. The casting seems to fit the characters, so far.

Now, if you have a personal PREFERENCE for the Japanese voice acting, then that's different. I've got no problems with that, to be certain, and am glad that these options exist. There are a few games where I DO think removing the voice acting helps tremendously. If you think this is even close to bad, then go back and play Baten Kaitos, then we'll talk. Thankfully, there was an option to turn it off.

I'll take average English voice acting over stellar Japanese anyday, but that's just me. Good luck with the project, though!

mrfatso

That guy!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
actually, i kinda like the voice cast... till i reach the battle between the main character and thought to myself, holy crap, if i have to listen to this weird accent, then i am better off listening to it and not knowing what he is saying..

squall23

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
.Darky said:
I don't have any sound glitches while saving. Using the latest YSMenu build.

Btw, I undubbed the game manually...perhaps that's the reason.
Would you mind listing the files that you replaced? If it means undubbing it manually gives me no glitches, I'd do it.

EDIT: Never mind, went back a few pages and saw that I needed to replace the stream and movie folders.

CrimzonEyed

Trophies
XP
Country
Stream folder files (JP) 0004-2013.sad (right click the map and properties says the folder contains 2010 files)
Stream folder files (US) 0001, 004-2013.sad (right click the map and properties says the folder contains 2011 files)

..... should i delete the 0001 or keep it?

CrimzonEyed

Trophies
XP
Country
Hmm seems like i can save in the first village befor you enter the cave, but the music slows down while saving but is back to normal when it is done.
The best places to save seems to be in not to big areas, small vilages or other zones like that

suruz

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Personally, I don't mind the VO in this game.. Actually, its pretty nice to finally have semi-decent english voices for a change, it really adds much more personality to the characters ;D

The only thing which really annoys me is the long gaps between some lines of dialogue. I think it's because they kept the same timing as in the japanese version, but sometimes the english equivalent is shorter.If someone had a way to fix that, I would be really impressed...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr