Samurai_Shodown_Sen_USA_RF_XBOX360-PROTOCOL

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Scene Releases' started by FAST6191, Mar 31, 2010.

1. FAST6191
    OP

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    United Kingdom
    No new 360 releases post today, there has been a bit of action on the homebrew and DLC fronts but I am going to wait and see what happens before the weekend (nothing really scheduled but close enough to other things) before posting up a full releases post.

Back on topic:
    Samurai_Shodown_Sen_USA_RF_XBOX360-PROTOCOL
    Group says region free.

PROTOCOL bring us the first Samurai Shodown game to grace a major home console in quite some time aside from a spinoff on the DC. For those new to the series it is a fighting game (this one 3d a la soul calibur) using weapons with a samurai theme- it is perhaps not as over the top as the likes of the recent blazbue but those looking for a "pure" kenjutsu simulator need to keep searching. It is a favourite in the arcades with all that follows such a status and this time it has followed down the soul calibur path and gained a story mode. It appeared in Japan back in December where it got somewhat mixed reviews but what I saw I read as "fans of the series" type reviews.

Boxart courtesy of amazon:
    [​IMG]

Some gameplay courtesy of gamespot:

NFO

2. VashTS

VashTS Beat it, son

GBAtemp Patron
    VashTS is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 14, 2009
    United States
    Upstate NY
    A lot of people are saying this is crap. I think all the showdowns were crap, but I still enjoy playing them. Samurai Showdown is a Street Fighter clone that got lucky and sold well in the 90's. Its a fun game, but by all means not a centerpiece in video game history.

I will play this game, I will enjoy it and I will think its good. Nothing more. Unless I'm surprised like Gears of War 2

3. wyndcrosser

wyndcrosser GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 28, 2009
    United States
    how do you compare this to GOW2?

lol

Wynd

4. Chanser

Chanser :o

Jun 27, 2006
    Monaco