1. FAST6191

OP FAST6191 Techromancer
    Reporter

United Kingdom
    No new 360 releases post today, there has been a bit of action on the homebrew and DLC fronts but I am going to wait and see what happens before the weekend (nothing really scheduled but close enough to other things) before posting up a full releases post.

Back on topic:
    Samurai_Shodown_Sen_USA_RF_XBOX360-PROTOCOL
    Group says region free.

PROTOCOL bring us the first Samurai Shodown game to grace a major home console in quite some time aside from a spinoff on the DC. For those new to the series it is a fighting game (this one 3d a la soul calibur) using weapons with a samurai theme- it is perhaps not as over the top as the likes of the recent blazbue but those looking for a "pure" kenjutsu simulator need to keep searching. It is a favourite in the arcades with all that follows such a status and this time it has followed down the soul calibur path and gained a story mode. It appeared in Japan back in December where it got somewhat mixed reviews but what I saw I read as "fans of the series" type reviews.

Boxart courtesy of amazon:
    [​IMG]

Some gameplay courtesy of gamespot:

CODEÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ________________.ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ
    ÂÂÂÂ ___________/\___/\ ____\_____ÂÂÂÂ______|_______/\________.___/\
    ÂÂÂÂ \ÂÂÂÂ __.ÂÂ /__.ÂÂ\ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ /ÂÂÂÂ |ÂÂÂÂ \ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ\ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ\ÂÂÂÂ\
    ÂÂÂÂ .)ÂÂÂÂ /ÂÂ /ÂÂ/ÂÂÂÂ> __.ÂÂ /ÂÂÂÂÂÂ| .__ÂÂ\ÂÂ _____\ÂÂ .__ÂÂ\ÂÂÂÂ\
    ÂÂÂÂ//ÂÂÂÂ\____/ÂÂÂÂÂÂ_/ÂÂ:/ÂÂ /ÂÂÂÂÂÂ.|ÂÂ\:ÂÂ \ÂÂÂÂ\___\ÂÂ \:ÂÂ \ÂÂÂÂ\__/\\
    ÂÂ //ÂÂÂÂÂÂ>ÂÂÂÂ -ÂÂÂÂ >ÂÂÂÂÂÂ/ÂÂÂÂÂÂ :|ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ\ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ\ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ\ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ\\
    ÂÂ//ÂÂÂÂÂÂ/_____/ÂÂÂÂ /_______\\ÂÂÂÂÂÂ||_________| _______|_____shr!x_______\\

ÂÂ|ÂÂÂÂÂÂ:ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ :ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ :ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ.ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ:ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ |
    ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ .ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ -+- proudly presents -+-ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ.ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ |
    ÂÂ|______________ÂÂ __ÂÂ _ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ_ÂÂ __ÂÂ ________________|
    ÂÂ+--------------------------------------------------------------------------+
    ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ Samurai Shodown Sen (c) Xseed Games
    ÂÂ|___________________ ____________ ____ÂÂ_ÂÂ_ _________ ___________ÂÂ_______|
    ÂÂ+------------ --------------------------------------------- ---------------+
    ÂÂ|ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ|
    ÂÂÂÂ REL Date ...... : 03/30/10ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ PlatformÂÂ..... : XBOX360
    ÂÂ:ÂÂGame Type ..... : FightingÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ Origin ........ : USA-NTSCÂÂ
    ÂÂ.ÂÂRelease Type .. : Full DVDÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ Image Format .. : ISO
    ÂÂ.ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ:
    ÂÂ._______ _______ÂÂ___ÂÂ_ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ_ÂÂ _ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ _____ _ _______ÂÂ__________:
    ÂÂ+------------ ------- --------------- --------------------- ----------- ---+
    ÂÂ|ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ +------+
    ÂÂ+> [email protected]:~$ /release/.info

2. VashTS

VashTS Beat it, son

United States
    A lot of people are saying this is crap. I think all the showdowns were crap, but I still enjoy playing them. Samurai Showdown is a Street Fighter clone that got lucky and sold well in the 90's. Its a fun game, but by all means not a centerpiece in video game history.

I will play this game, I will enjoy it and I will think its good. Nothing more. Unless I'm surprised like Gears of War 2

3. wyndcrosser

wyndcrosser GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    how do you compare this to GOW2?

lol

Wynd

4. Chanser

Chanser :o

Monaco
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Samurai_Shodown_Sen_USA_RF_XBOX360, PROTOCOL,