OP
Trophies
Website
vfootball.co.nf
XP
Country
Tanzania
samsunggsiiiinvitation.jpg

After months of rumors Samsung has officially announced the world will meet the next Galaxy phone in London on May 3rd with this invite, first received by Dutch site Tweakers.net. While most speculation will immediately focus around something we're expecting to arrive as the Galaxy S III, the BlackBerry World-spoiling invite we received is conspicuously devoid of details like name or specifications. While we'll keep the address of the Samsung Unpacked event to ourselves, the only other information included is the date / time (2PM ET) and the address for a live stream on Facebook.

Source

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
The Galaxy S II battery turned out to be a huge bummer. After about 80 charges the battery capacity dipped significantly for me.

I seriously hope they will fix it in GS3.

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Finally, yes yes yes, can't wait. Heard soooooooooo much rumours about it, quite amazing stuff it's going to be. Tweakers.net is also a very reputable source, I'm sure this is true.

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I'm planning on getting a new phone for my birthday around July, and I had been thinking of either getting that new Nokie with windows mobile or the successor of the iphone4S when it comes out.. If that one seems cool enough I might get it instead. =3

lostdwarf

Trophies
Website
www.rockstarleeds.com
XP
Country
I have the Galaxy S. Typing on it now. My friend has iphone 4s and my galaxy is LOADS quicker than the iphone. My missus has the galaxy S2 and the screen is friggin huge and it is slightly thinner than mine but my battery lasts nearly 2 hours longer on highest settings while playing angry birds. The S2 is a little quicker than the galaxy S at everything.
My contract runs out next year so looks like I will be getting the S4! lol

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They've released no details about the new phone yet? That's either a really good sign, or a really bad sign.

Let's hope for the former.

fishykipper

pkmn breeder
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
As
Fuck, I already ordered myself a Galaxy Nexus.

:nayps3:

I'd take a Nexus any day. You are almost guaranteed updates for the next two years. Thats a moot point if you root it and use custom ROMS though.

Very wise words mate. The Nexus is a brilliant phone. I'd get the Nexus over the GS3 any day.

Nexus + XDA ROM = BOSS!!!!!

Reactions: 1 person

Zerousen

【=◈︿◈=】
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As

I'd take a Nexus any day. You are almost guaranteed updates for the next two years. Thats a moot point if you root it and use custom ROMS though.

Very wise words mate. The Nexus is a brilliant phone. I'd get the Nexus over the GS3 any day.

Nexus + XDA ROM = BOSS!!!!!

I grabbed a GS2 because of the better specs and the up-gradable storage, I guess the camera is a plus, too.

Jakob95

I am the Avatar
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

That's exactly why the Nexus S JUST got ICS, and its still not available on all phones. And the Nexus One didn't even get ICS. I bet that the update for Jellybean is going to get so delayed for the Galaxy Nexus as well. American Galaxy Nexus phones are still on 4.0.2.

bRKcRE

Trophies
XP
Country

That's exactly why the Nexus S JUST got ICS, and its still not available on all phones. And the Nexus One didn't even get ICS. I bet that the update for Jellybean is going to get so delayed for the Galaxy Nexus as well. American Galaxy Nexus phones are still on 4.0.2.

updates depend on the ICS variant on the phone...as long as a galaxy nexus is running the YAKJU variant, it will receive the ota updates from google..the 4.0.4 (YAKJU) update is also available to download and flash yourself direct from google which should then be able to receive future updates ota..

imz

GBAtemp's vigilante
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
man these new smartphones are too huge to fit in a pocket comfortably e.g. galaxy s series and htc one series. Apple gets many things wrong but at least it knows not to make the iphone too big

adamdbz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
There was a time when a new phone was smaller and smaller,now has a bigger screen they are so big right now.
Imagine what it will be like in 5 years people will use 20" phones they will carry on their backs.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.the-sun.com/news/10907833/self-checkout-complaints-new-target-dollar-general-policies...