Hardware Samsung and Toshiba NAND?

mgrev

Music Addict, Video Game Fanatic
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
yes this is a questing thread, but i think this question is kinda special, and deserves it's own thread, if not please answer and lock/delete this thread.

I know there's two types of 3ds Nand, a toshiba nand, and a samsung nand. i know that one of them is a couple megabytes bigger than the other, but what exactly is the difference? i'm sure there is someone who knows this, and please explain deeply. Btw i personaly have a toshiba nand 10.0 eu old 3ds

_v3

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
I think there's no difference, unlike dumping the contents of a musical CD you're dumping the full image of the NAND (it's full size). So you're basically dumping also stuff that's empty / unused, the other NAND is probably smaller in size but it contains the same stuff.
That being said I'm no expert and could be very wrong, please correct me if so.

Last edited by _v3,

BringusStudios

Trophies
Website
bringus.studio
XP
Country
United States
I think there's no difference, unlike dumping the contents of a musical CD you're dumping the full image of the NAND (it's full size). So you're basically dumping also stuff that's empty / unused, the other NAND is probably smaller in size but it contains the same stuff.
That being said I'm no expert and could be very wrong, please correct me if so.
Yeah the dumping process copies unused space as well as data. That's also another reason that restoring one system's nand to another isn't possible, as they might have conflicting nand types.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: 455