Hacking Salvaging a corrupt NAND dump?

Haxxy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, my Wii seems to have died after I updated Priiloader to 0.6, and I'm met with a black screen upon attempting to load the System Menu or the HBC. I have BootMii, so I backed up my NAND to grab my save files out of it, but every time I try to extract the NAND, it partially extracts successfully before there is some sort of failure. However, the NAND appears to be mostly intact. Would you suppose I could somehow manage to extract it and successfully retrieve my game data?

Haxxy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've tried that, as well as ShowMiiWads and zestig. Wii NAND Extractor misbehaves, ShowMiiWads spits an error halfway through, and zestig crashes halfway through.

Haxxy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, I dumped it after it became corrupt. That's why I'm receiving errors. I know the data I need is in there, though.

Haxxy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alternatively, is there any developer I could send my NAND to for recovery in exchange for a donation?

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i suppose your best bet it to take zestig and add a bunch of printf() in it. track down the file it is trying to extract when it crashes. then add an if() in there to make it skip that file/folder. then compile it and cross your fingers that it will be able to continue after it skips the bad entry.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte