Hacking Sakura's AR patching!

KazoWAR

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i recently made some AR codes for pokemon platinum that made it play a different song when you are in a battle. When testing the codes on wifi my game froze and I deemed then not wifi friendly. Now after many hours of trying the codes out in different ways, trying to make new codes that work differnt and all that stuff eact attempt to use them on wifi failed. Now, I recently found a video on youtube of someone having problems getting the altered forms on wifi code to work on his m3 real. i know the code works because i have friends us it on me and respect the developer that made it, and guess what?! It was freezeing at the exact same SPOT! Now, I think my codes could have worked all this time, but the M3 Real seems to break Wifi when using AR codes.

So, if the M3/G6 Team is reading this, plaese find out whats causeing this and fix it in an update, please?!

soulbad

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could you direct me to this video? I can't seem to find it myself.

I've been having similar problems and I'd like to see the point where it freezes at in the video.

Edit: Never mind, found it.

This is it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPhYLO4uzj8 right?

I have the exact same problem, but I never thought to turn the code off since it obviously works.

You can get the game to connect while the code is turned on by putting it into Download Play mode, but then the code doesn't work so it's entirely pointless.

chaotic_geo

Trophies
Website
thegamingforum.org
XP
Country
The game crashes for me on Wi-Fi as well... Using the Cloning/IV Check codes.

Also, when I soft-reset ingame (start+select+l+r), the AR codes do not work. However if you soft-reset on an R4, the codes still function.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
^thats a pretty good point

I only went on 2 wifi games on the DS
tetrisDS and pokemon

tetrisDS, the player already had a max score and always got long blocks

pokemon, they all had max stats/lvl/impossible to get pokemon/ect...

never again

powered_by_tux

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
chaotic_geo said:

Also, when I soft-reset ingame (start+select+l+r), the AR codes do not work. However if you soft-reset on an R4, the codes still function.

Ah, thanks. Finally, I know why AR codes (and RTS, too) suddenly stop working during playing Platinum. From now on, I will try to not use soft-reset and see if everything works as expected. In my opinion, this bug should be addressed by the M3 Team.

I have no crashes on Wi-Fi with codes, however.

KazoWAR

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
powered_by_tux said:
chaotic_geo said:

Ah, thanks. Finally, I know why AR codes (and RTS, too) suddenly stop working during playing Platinum. From now on, I will try to not use soft-reset and see if everything works as expected. In my opinion, this bug should be addressed by the M3 Team.

I have no crashes on Wi-Fi with codes, however.

you have no crashes? your doing wifi battle right? what codes do you use?

powered_by_tux

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
KazoWAR said:
you have no crashes? your doing wifi battle right? what codes do you use?

No, I don't battle online. I meant that Wi-Fi (e.g. GTS) does not crash for me with few codes enabled. Specifically, they are: unlimited Vs. Seeker & PokeRadar energy and fast egg hatching. Pretty harmless codes, which do not affect any online aspect, as you can see.

However, when using codes to allow Platinum forms on Wi-Fi, I would expect the game to crash. This restriction is there for a good reason: to ensure compatibility with Diamond and Pearl, which did not have alternate Pokemon forms. Circumventing it with AR codes might work if two players both use Platinum (has anyone tested it yet?) but if one of them does not it will likely cause a freeze due to the Pokemon data, which gets sent over from the Platinum player to the D/P player, who cannot handle it.

KazoWAR

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you dont understand, it only crashes when a player connects to you for a battle or trade on wifi. and its with any code, wifi altering or not, heck, even having RTS on makes it crash. Also, its already been proven, that if you use the alter forms code on someone with D/P it still works, they just see the form it had in D/P, while the platinum player sees the new form.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Where's everybody?