Sakura VS Acekard

Discussion in 'M3 Adapter' started by skc, Jul 9, 2008.

1. skc
    OP

skc Member

Newcomer
    May 24, 2006
    Hong Kong
    I'm owning a G6 real and since it cannot be installed the Sakura firmware therefore I bought the M3 real, because it using a micro sd for bigger game storage space and many people in this forum saying Sakura menu is pretty nice. After that I felt a little bit disappointing and Sakura is not good as my expect.

I think the most beautiful menu is Acekard2 or R.P.G, it has a game icons animation, better game name format (because M3 has to show the file size & no automatic file name sorting) and multilanguage support.

Is it possible to modify or crack the Acekard2 firmware and apply it in M3 real?

2. strata8

strata8 Look! A pointless distraction!

Jun 18, 2007
    over there
    That's not a fair comparison, comparing a hacked version of the first release of an encrypted firmware to an almost final, user-enhanced version of an open-source firmware.

In response to your question, it's possible, but it would take a good coder and lots of effort.

Anyway, I've tried my cousins Acekard2, and the menu felt slow and clunky in contrast to Sakura. I mean, it took 4 seconds to enter a folder that contained 11 games...

3. pokemongalaxy

pokemongalaxy Banned

Banned
    Mar 10, 2008
    Canada
    dude, ak2 menu is actually fairly smooth...

4. ScuberSteve

ScuberSteve Newbie

The menu is relatively fast, but loading a directory full of .nds files takes forever.

5. gangsterboi

gangsterboi GBAtemp Regular

Feb 27, 2008
    At my girlfriends house
    M3(sakura firmw)>ack2>g6
    M£(sakura firmw)>g6(sakura firmw (is it ever did happen) )>ack2

Basically go with m3 its better than the acekard2 already, and it is only a hacked version of a semi incomplete and encrypted firmware.

But if you buy a M3, then the G6Sakura comes out (which i extremely doubt but hope for) you will be completely F*@!ed off.

6. Sinkhead

Sinkhead yay p1ngpong.

Former Staff
    Nov 22, 2006
    Across the pond

7. gangsterboi

gangsterboi GBAtemp Regular

Feb 27, 2008
    At my girlfriends house
    Very true, thank you for telling me will edit now.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice