Domo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys,

I've been using the M3 Real firmware for a few months now after getting it and I love it. Recently though I heard there was an unofficial English version of Sakura and I just had to try it. Installed it on my Real card and everything works perfectly. One thing I'm wondering of though are the .cht and .opt files in my NDS folder.

When I read an article on Sakura a while back it said the only game file changes were going to be the new .sav files, so it comes as a surprise to find two new extensions outta' the blue. Not a real cause for concern but I'm curious as to what these files do. Any enlightenment would be appreciated, thanks!

Domo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The cheat setting file is understandable, but what's this about a save restore now? I must have missed something somewhere about this particular function, mind indulging me a bit more?
smile.gif

thedicemaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
i think .opt files tell m3sakura if it should enable soft-reset(unavailable) slowmotion and download-play compatibility mode

strata8

Look! A pointless distraction!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Domo said:
The cheat setting file is understandable, but what's this about a save restore now? I must have missed something somewhere about this particular function, mind indulging me a bit more?
smile.gif

As far as I know, Sakura makes a record of what's changed since you last booted the game up (and the 4 times before it), so you can instantly skip back to a previous save if any thing goes wrong.

Densetsu

Pubic Ninja
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
strata8 said:
Domo said:
...what's this about a save restore now? I must have missed something somewhere about this particular function, mind indulging me a bit more?
smile.gif
As far as I know, Sakura makes a record of what's changed since you last booted the game up (and the 4 times before it), so you can instantly skip back to a previous save if any thing goes wrong.
@strata8: You are indeed correct.

@Domo: Check the M3 Sakura FAQ and search for "Save File Restore"

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: