Hacking sakura as native media player

redact

‮҉
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mauritania
you guys probably already know that you can do this, but i just got my cyclo to automatically boot into m3sakura when i go to the music icon in the menu, all you have to do is D/L the dldi version of sakura (google it) and rename it to "moonshell.nds" and place it in the "moonshl" folder (overwriting the actual moonshell file) then put the "system" folder in the root of the card. media and non-dldi dependant homebrew seem to work perfectly when booted through this dldi sakura.

Dark^'^Knigh

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yes, turn away...nothing new to see here.
There was a thread on this a few months ago (after hacked Sakura was released) about its functionality. Simply a multimedia (eg. mp3 & dpg vid files) replacement for Moonshell. I can't see the 'value' in it and I think it takes up more sd space than Moonshell.

Sumea

Disco Ninja Frog
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
if you want to enjoy sakura just get M3 real, i did, i still like my cyclo for some things and i like M3 real with sakura for very smooth UI and also great media player. Cons are bigger list than on Cyclo tough.

Also, shush about it, no unwanted attention on it...

Sumea

Disco Ninja Frog
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
FIrst:

We still do not want "unwanted attention" On the DLDI build of sakura.

Second: yes, there is nothing to dislike in cyclo, unless you count the (i would say) clunky UI and fact they lied in their box. I just happen to like M3 at moment for that it has the sakura, it launches automatically, i can launch games, media, homebrew, and if homebrew does not work, M3 real UI so it WILL work. I do not own wii, so connectivity there is not needed. The boom at castlevania went already, i do not need that. I played Thru TWEWY already, so, M3 real is what goes for me. I myself tough owned Cyclo first, then M3, as you owned M3 first, then cyclo, it would seem.

Sumea

Disco Ninja Frog
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Kbs said:
Is there any reason to switch from Moonshell to Sakura?

Sakura is better in showing visual media (i.e. videos etc.), has better and fully touch screen usable UI, and plays music somewhat better than moonshell. of course, maker of moonshell was behind some code in sakura - am i not wrong?

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
JereTHEend said:
Kbs said:

Sakura is better in showing visual media (i.e. videos etc.), has better and fully touch screen usable UI, and plays music somewhat better than moonshell. of course, maker of moonshell was behind some code in sakura - am i not wrong?
Do the movies and music play in better quality or is it just the UI that's better?

Sumea

Disco Ninja Frog
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
DeMoN said:
JereTHEend said:
Kbs said:

Do the movies and music play in better quality or is it just the UI that's better?

As control, i take as example, DPG encoded with super!; They have about allways glitc intohes. You could take one, and compare, they turn into a small color line in top of movie in sakura. if you really need a visual, try it, use super!

DPG2 is almost same, but sakura has also a Touch based vid UI, and tat used in while)king a position is easy, fast as lightning and does not interfere with video (video is shown on top, UI in bottom, UI hides itself if not used in while)

Images are not different, but UI again, makes them nicer. Music is not really that different but ID tags are shown in nicer way. Only play pause, next and previous song, and playmode buttons are touch based, rewinding you need a button combo.

Best way to see difference is test it yourself.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Morning