Sakuna of Rice and Ruin shown in Japanese Nintendo Direct Mini, launches later this year

pe8hzYs.png

Though it was shown in the Japanese Direct Mini, those in the west did not see the announcement that Sakuna: Of Rice and Ruin has finally secured a launch date in Japan. Announced originally in 2017, and delayed multiple times since then, Sakuna: Of Rice and Ruin is a sidescrolling adventure game with action-based combat. The game will launch on November 12th in Japan, while XSEED plans to localize it in North America, giving it both a digital and physical release for the Nintendo Switch and PlayStation 4, along with a Steam version. The English release is planned for sometime in 2020.

UPDATE: XSEED has confirmed that the English localization will launch on November 10th. The physical edition of the game will retail for $39.99, while a special limited edition is set at $59.99.

Features
  • Refined Side-scrolling Platform Action‒ Using farm tools as weapons, chain together quick, heavy, and special attacks to take down demonic beasts, while mastering the magical “divine raiment” will be essential to grapple distant platforms, evade danger, and overcome powerful enemies.

• Detailed 3D Simulation-style Gameplay‒ Learn the ancient art of agriculture by following detailed steps from planting to harvesting to cultivate the perfect crop. As a harvest goddess, Sakuna’s strength grows with each successful rice crop, with attributes such as aesthetic and flavor directly correlating to her combat abilities.

• Creating a Home in the Wilderness‒ Sakuna’s mortal companions make weapons, armor, and meals for her using the materials and ingredients she gathers on her adventures, and completing quests for them will unlock even more options.

• A Fresh Take on Japanese Mythology‒ The heroine is part of a pantheon of gods and demons inspired by traditional Japanese mythology but featuring many unique twists. The story and world are filled with lovingly rendered details, some familiar and some completely original.

:arrow: Source

D

Deleted User

As usual the good stuff was only in the japanese direct.

Idk what control he has over it, but the US directs took a nosedive since Doug Bowser took over... :/
I used to watch the Japanese directs for fun, now I have to watch them because the fun colorful games are hidden there and the American branch is trying to be all serious and giving more emphasis on the same boring things the Microsoft e3 conferences does.
Nintendo stopped publishing stuff like yokai watch too...

/rant

That said, this game got a lot better since last e3, can't wait to play it

I hope I can get the special edition because the artbook ( as the visuals ) looks really freaking gorgeous

Teletron1

Space Tech Engineer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I’ve been waiting for this game, looks nice, probably will become a nice hidden gem, but sucks they left it out of the NA DirectMini good job Nintendo

Viri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Japan gets this in their direct, we get a shitty F2P shooter game, and a Wrestling game that looks like a mobile game.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs