Saints Row reboot officially revealed, launches early next year

Saints Row is back, in the form of a series reboot. Developer Volition has announced a new Saints Row game for previous and current generation platforms--Xbox One, PlayStation 4, Xbox Series X|S, PlayStation 5, and PC via the Epic Games Store. It takes the franchise back to the beginning, where you'll be able to create your own character, start out as a petty criminal, and rise up the ranks, eventually taking over the city of Santo Ileso. Co-op will also be a major feature, along with plenty of vehicles and weapons to play around with. The game will launch on February 25, 2022.

The last time a Saints Row game released was back in 2013, with Saints Row IV, which was moderately received critically, and incorporated superhero powers into the gameplay. 2011's Saints Row: The Third also recently received a remaster and port to the Nintendo Switch.

Saints Row arrives February 25 2022. Witness the birth of the Saints. In a world rife with crime, where lawless factions fight for power, a group of young friends embark on their own criminal venture, as they rise to the top in their bid to become Self Made. Experience the biggest and best Saints Row playground ever created; the unique sprawling world of Santo Ileso is the backdrop for a wild, larger than life sandbox of thrilling side hustles, criminal ventures and blockbuster missions, as you shoot, drive, and wingsuit your way to the top. As the future Boss, with Neenah, Kevin, and Eli by your side, you’ll form The Saints – and take on Los Panteros, The Idols, and Marshall as you build your empire across the streets of Santo Ileso and battle for control of the city. Ultimately Saints Row is the story of a start-up company, it’s just that the business The Saints are in happens to be crime.

StrayGuitarist

A genuine feline disaster.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FUCK YES FUCK YES FUCK YES FUCK YES

After playing 4, I've so much longed for a game like SR3. The powers were cool, but it all felt a little tacky in my opinion. I thought the series was done after Agents of Mayhem, so this makes me VERY happy.

Reactions: Navonod

Dr_Faustus

Resident Robot Hoarder
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is this a trailer for the next Watch_dogs game or the next Fortnite season?

Sarcasm aside, it really feels like they are trying to aim for a different demographic for this reboot. I can care less personally, just hope this does not kill the franchise if it fails in market.

ExiledRose6084

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am excited for this truthfully played saints row 3 over & over again same with saints row 2. So I am greatly looking forward to this.

Kaz050

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
looks like crap honestly. just happy SR2 Patch is still coming.
RIP IdolNinja
you do know idolninja worked on this aswell right?
because its a black lady its Woke its cgi you can make the boss any color your happy heart wants might want to lay off the Woke it gets really old, i wonder what you call farcry 6 Woke too?

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
you do know idolninja worked on this aswell right?
because its a black lady its Woke its cgi you can make the boss any color your happy heart wants might want to lay off the Woke it gets really old, i wonder what you call farcry 6 Woke too?
Hence why I wrote "/s" to convey that my message was satire. Relax, dude.

RedBlueGreen

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Is this a trailer for the next Watch_dogs game or the next Fortnite season?

Sarcasm aside, it really feels like they are trying to aim for a different demographic for this reboot. I can care less personally, just hope this does not kill the franchise if it fails in market.
Oh it'll probably do very well. If there's one thing we've learned from the casualization and/or shaking up of games to appeal to the mainstream it's that the new games sell really well. I'm pretty much done with Zelda, Resident Evil, and Final Fantasy at this point.
it's DmC all over again.... sigh...
At least DmC: Devil May Cry got horrible reception. There's a pretty good chance this will get good reception and be the future of Saint's Row.

ishida

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
background noise is awful & irritating.
had to mute the video and don't even bother to finish it.

GotR, SR 3 & 4 did a great job getting rid of rap crap.

Last edited by ishida,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/GmW7X4E.mp4