Saints Row reboot officially revealed, launches early next year

Saints Row is back, in the form of a series reboot. Developer Volition has announced a new Saints Row game for previous and current generation platforms--Xbox One, PlayStation 4, Xbox Series X|S, PlayStation 5, and PC via the Epic Games Store. It takes the franchise back to the beginning, where you'll be able to create your own character, start out as a petty criminal, and rise up the ranks, eventually taking over the city of Santo Ileso. Co-op will also be a major feature, along with plenty of vehicles and weapons to play around with. The game will launch on February 25, 2022.

The last time a Saints Row game released was back in 2013, with Saints Row IV, which was moderately received critically, and incorporated superhero powers into the gameplay. 2011's Saints Row: The Third also recently received a remaster and port to the Nintendo Switch.

Saints Row arrives February 25 2022. Witness the birth of the Saints. In a world rife with crime, where lawless factions fight for power, a group of young friends embark on their own criminal venture, as they rise to the top in their bid to become Self Made. Experience the biggest and best Saints Row playground ever created; the unique sprawling world of Santo Ileso is the backdrop for a wild, larger than life sandbox of thrilling side hustles, criminal ventures and blockbuster missions, as you shoot, drive, and wingsuit your way to the top. As the future Boss, with Neenah, Kevin, and Eli by your side, you’ll form The Saints – and take on Los Panteros, The Idols, and Marshall as you build your empire across the streets of Santo Ileso and battle for control of the city. Ultimately Saints Row is the story of a start-up company, it’s just that the business The Saints are in happens to be crime.

Jiehfeng

The One
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Sri Lanka
That is a well animated short, that can't be how the cutscenes look? Hopefully the game itself is nice anyhow, though it doesn't feel like they're gonna make any iconic characters here judging from that.

The last time a Saints Row game released was back in 2013, with Saints Row IV, which was moderately received critically, and incorporated superhero powers into the gameplay. 2011's Saints Row: The Third also recently received a remaster and port to the Nintendo Switch.

No the last game was Gat Out of Hell in 2015.

Reactions: Patxinco
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
looks like crap honestly. just happy SR2 Patch is still coming.
RIP IdolNinja
M̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶h̶a̶s̶n̶'̶t̶ ̶d̶i̶e̶d̶,̶ ̶d̶u̶d̶e̶.̶ ̶H̶e̶ ̶j̶u̶s̶t̶ ̶s̶t̶e̶p̶p̶e̶d̶ ̶d̶o̶w̶n̶ ̶d̶u̶e̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶c̶r̶i̶t̶i̶c̶a̶l̶ ̶h̶e̶a̶l̶t̶h̶ ̶c̶o̶n̶d̶i̶t̶i̶o̶n̶.̶
EDIT: Just read the tweet. Damn. That's unfortunate.

Last edited by Deleted member 534570,

KhenemetHeru

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No the last game was Gat Out of Hell in 2015.

No, the last game was Agents of Mayhem, which follows on the world being rewritten by Gat and everyone losing their memories. So this is apparently a second branching timeline.

Trailer looks good, hope they can keep the feel and not Ubisoft it.

Jiehfeng

The One
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Sri Lanka
Which is considered an expansion to SRIV, despite being standalone. It got a lot of flack for being super short because people didn't understand this.

Isn't that like Uncharted Lost Legacy where it's the same case, but don't people consider that its own game anyway? I understand it's called an expansion but technically it is in fact the last released Saints Row game, just like Lost Legacy.

No, the last game was Agents of Mayhem, which follows on the world being rewritten by Gat and everyone losing their memories. So this is apparently a second branching timeline.

Trailer looks good, hope they can keep the feel and not Ubisoft it.

Oh I see, it seems it's the same universe but in this case I doubt it could be explicitly called a Saints Row game, more like its own thing there.

SANIC

GBATemp's Sonic Fan in Residence, 後
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Isn't that like Uncharted Lost Legacy where it's the same case, but don't people consider that its own game anyway? I understand it's called an expansion but technically it is in fact the last released Saints Row game, just like Lost Legacy.

Most people I know consider it dlc not a full game. This is coming from someone who absolutely goes ham on uncharted 4 multiplayer. They even have the same multiplayer.

orangy57

bruh
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Kinda disappointed that it's not going to have all the crazy superpowers like IV and Gat out of hell, that was the biggest thing that made it stand out from just being a GTA clone with funnier writing like SR2

Reactions: Justinde75

MasterPanda

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Toning down the Ridiculous to this level is most definitely the right choice ...
But trying to turn Hipsters into Gangsters only worked for Watch_Dogs 2 because they were Nerds to begin with.
Having squishy cream puffs in the roles of Saints Row's hard asses makes this cringe and lame...
the only thing missing here is a Fortnite dance to put a cherry ontop of this Disaster

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Was hype seeing the title, immediately lost hype seeing they didn't fire the awful writers from 3 and 4.

Sad.

Saints Row 1 and 2 really were fantastic. Just the right mix of serious in an ocean of comedy. Quirky with just enough to do to fill out the world. And then the series fell off a cliff. Not that 4 was a bad game, it was just...not Saints Row. It was another game using the series title for no reason.

Hope to see 1 and 2 remastered or remade one day.

qqq1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I started with 3 and absolutely loved it. GTA is too serious, this similar but silly game was much better. 4 was the same thing but I finished it. 5 was the same thing again. Didn't play much. Hopefully this is a bit different.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/Eu4hiUW.jpg