Saints Row 4 Rumored For PAX East Reveal, August Release

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Saints Row The Third was a pretty awesome game (which sucks, because it means I can't call it Saints Row The Turd). It gleefully embraced the series' goofy, silly side and just ran with it, with zombies, a roaming gang of nefarious luchadores, and Burt Reynolds. It was a game that didn't take itself too seriously, which many appreciated after GTA's turn towards darker, grittier themes.

The game was also a rare financial success for then-struggling, now-dissolved THQ. Ever since the franchise was sold off to Deep Silver (publisher of Dead Island), it's been all quite on the West-side front.

Until, perhaps, now.
According to a tweet from [Deep Silver]'s Aubrey Norris: “Dear Media: You’re going to want to be at PAX East this year. If not, you’re going to be missing out on something HUGE. Just FYI!”

Lots of poking and prodding from her followers yielded nothing; however, a tweet from Chris Stockman, who was design director on Saints Row 1 and is currently lead designer at Human Head, tweeted he’s heard “around the campfire” that the game is slated for current-gen consoles in August.

While it’s entirely possible that some news regarding Volition could be announced during the event, GTA 5 is set for a September which would put SR4 on retail shelves a month before Rockstar’s release. This would either be an odd move on Koch’s part or a very ballsy one.
arrow.gif
VG 24/7

You better watch out, guys - they're going to be PAX-ing heat.

This project is supposed to have been in the works for quite some time. Evidently, Volition was working on an expansion for the third game titled "Enter the Dominatrix". THQ was so impressed (or so desperate to have another Saints Row game on shelves) that they cancelled the expansion and instead had it folded into the fourth game. If this rumor is true, than it seems that the project is still alive and kicking despite THQ's unfortunate demise.

As a Saints Rowman (as all fans should be called), the last thing I'd want to see is a rushed game, so I'm hoping that the team at Volition has a handle on the project. Here's hoping we get something more saintly than taint-ly.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Is there a PAX West?
Yeah it was the first PAX show they held (the one East came a few years later and I believe there is to be one in Australia before long)- they usually hold them somewhere in Western Washington state in late August/early September. Nowadays the western one usually goes by the name PAX prime (there is also one only for developers called PAX Dev) but most will still refer to it as PAX.

As for the matter at hand I have never actually played a Saints Row game, I keep meaning to but never do.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    maaaaan that's so awesome but I also don't want to fork over a hundo for it
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Leo could not withstand communism.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its OUR products to begin with lol.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Its OUR products to begin with lol.