SAGA usb-PSP data transfer and charger cable

Discussion in 'PSP - Games & Content' started by DarkWay, Sep 1, 2009.

Sep 1, 2009
  1. DarkWay
    OP

Member DarkWay tsubasa hiroge

United Kingdom
    Well I said, I'd post a review so here it is:-

I previously bought a different usb data transfer and charger cable but that fell apart in my handles [​IMG]

So I bought this one http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.18063

Now this is very small and portable (which is why I bought it) but I didn't realise how small it actually was until it arrived, this thing is tiny.
    at first I thought I'd have a problem with plugging it both into my psp and my laptop but when I tried it was actually pretty easy and I could sit my psp n my laptop just under the screen which for me is good as it's less clutter for me, it also means there isn't a huge bundle of wires all over the place.

The cable itself also fits pretty well into my PSP 1000 (on the package and on the website it says its for the 3000 so I was sceptical as to whether it would work on my 1000, having never seen a 3000 before). The data transfer fits nicely and I have to say it seems like my files transer faster over it than before.

Now the charger on this cable fits very nicely and it chargers exception well (as far as I can tell) I ran the battery down about half way last night and charged it back up with this charger this morningonly took about an hour which is good considering it states on the package it will do a full charge, from empty in about 3 hours. and if you want to play your PSP while its charging all you need is a little usb extention cable and your sorted its very comfortable to play and charge at the same time using this.

The patterns on the cable have different variations, mine has stars crowns and lips on it in a white, grey and black checkered pattern [​IMG] it looks ok but the pattern isn't printed on very well the are patches of black where the white has rubbed off. (that is the only flaw I have found in this product). The build quality in my opinian is very good none of the plugs wobbly or move in any way inside its casing and it clips together fairky easily, it feels really sturdy and the cable itself feels pretty good its completely smooth with no bumps or kinks in it.

here's some pictures of it (sorry about the quality of these had to use my built in webcam [​IMG] as I couldn't find my camera):-
    Warning: Spoilers inside!
    and yes my PSP is half white, half black [​IMG]

all in all I rate this product 4/5
    the only reason I've knocked a point off is purely for the pattern quality, the product itself is great.

well there's my review it might not be a brilliant review but its the first I've done so its not a terrible attempt from me.