Android SafeStrap Recovery Issues

Arecaidian Fox

fox-ott
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, so, I have a Motorola Droid 4 (otherwise known as a Maserati or XT894). The device IS rooted and I have SafeStrap installed. However, during a bungled update, the stock ROM caches were wiped (factory reset), and the updated custom ROM installed to ROM Slot 1 is borked. The consequence being that SafeStrap is still hijacking the boot process, but it is trying to boot a non-functioning ROM, and I cannot actually enter the SafeStrap menu to swap which ROM to boot (it goes to a black screen). I still have access to the recovery menus, and ADB will link to the device, but the device ID shown by "adb devices" from the command prompt labels it as "recovery" instead of what should be displayed. Sadly, I cannot explore the device in Windows as removable media. Or, at least, I don't know how in this circumstance.
I'm at the limit of my Google-fu. I really hope someone here can tell me how to disable SafeStrap's boot/recovery hijacking. If that much can happen, I can get back into the stock ROM and reinstall SafeStrap so it actually works. Any help is both desperately needed and much appreciated.

dpad_5678

Ape weak on own. Ape strong in unity.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, so, I have a Motorola Droid 4 (otherwise known as a Maserati or XT894). The device IS rooted and I have SafeStrap installed. However, during a bungled update, the stock ROM caches were wiped (factory reset), and the updated custom ROM installed to ROM Slot 1 is borked. The consequence being that SafeStrap is still hijacking the boot process, but it is trying to boot a non-functioning ROM, and I cannot actually enter the SafeStrap menu to swap which ROM to boot (it goes to a black screen). I still have access to the recovery menus, and ADB will link to the device, but the device ID shown by "adb devices" from the command prompt labels it as "recovery" instead of what should be displayed. Sadly, I cannot explore the device in Windows as removable media. Or, at least, I don't know how in this circumstance.
I'm at the limit of my Google-fu. I really hope someone here can tell me how to disable SafeStrap's boot/recovery hijacking. If that much can happen, I can get back into the stock ROM and reinstall SafeStrap so it actually works. Any help is both desperately needed and much appreciated.
Enter Download mode and reflash a STOCK (factory) firmware via ODIN. Then reflash SafeStrap after re-rooting.

Reactions: Arecaidian Fox

Arecaidian Fox

fox-ott
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Enter Download mode and reflash a STOCK (factory) firmware via ODIN. Then reflash SafeStrap after re-rooting.
Thanks for the advice! Sounds like I have more Googling and reading to do.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Looks like ODIN is Samsung only (my device is a Motorola), but it gave me a new way of trying to go about this, so thanks again :)

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP

Arecaidian Fox

fox-ott
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im more of the nexus device guy.

every manufacturer has its own thing.

I don't want to give info that would mess up your device even more.

but I found this thread.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/droid-4/development/wip-safestrap-3-75-unused-partitions-t3023932

I don't know if its what you looking for?
Not really, but I appreciate the attempt. I've had to give up on it, sadly, but I did manage to take both of my Droid 4s and make a working one out of them both.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: roms wont boot with wood r4menu