Safest way to uodate the shop channel on modded 4.2E

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Mr Footlong, Oct 30, 2009.

1. Mr Footlong
    OP

Newcomer Mr Footlong Newbie

United Kingdom
    Hi folks. Just a quick question. I just want to be 100% spot on with this before I do it as after modding/updating 5 Wii's recently for friends to 4.2 and having 1 brick after IOS60 and didn't have a hackable boot2 for Bootmii, I am a little concerned.

Basically I have a load of points on my Nintendo account that I want to use and after updating to modded 4.2E thanks to the 'Simplistic Mod' guide on here, the Wii tells me that it need an update to the shop channel in order to connect or something like that. I have read about WiiSCU on a thread here but would like advice from the brains here about exactly what to do, what version of WiiSCU I should use and if I should even be considering using the Shop Channel on a hacked Wii!

Thanks in advance,

Nick [​IMG]

2. longtom1

Member longtom1 Keep an eye on my posts cause I quick edit frequen

Antarctica
  3. jpxdude

Member jpxdude GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    I updated my 4.0 to 4.2E using the 4.2 safe updater from Zektor, which also updates the shop channel safely too leaving everything else intact. If you have any CIOS already on your Wii the safe updater should work without any problems.

4. wrettcaughn

Member wrettcaughn Misunderstood Moral Elitist

United States
    But doesn't zektor's updater update the shop channel to v17? The latest is v18

5. Mr Footlong
    OP

Newcomer Mr Footlong Newbie

United Kingdom
    I went with WiiSCU as I thought and went with 0.23. Selected to update just the shop channel and it worked perfectly [​IMG]. Little did I know that I had wasted my time as I forgot the STARS don't equal POINTS, been sooooo long. My 2500 stars soon became nothing of any use whatsoever lol.

Thanks guys for confirming [​IMG]