OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
So yeah, I messed something up somewhere along the line. My Wii can no longer run GC backups, and for some reason, I can't install my AC:CF save anymore(Using Waninkoko's Savegame Manager). In addition to this, my Wii can no longer even install the Preloader. It crashes on the installer. My Wii still works fine for everything else, but not having the preloader both annoys and scares me, as I don't have the ability to install Bootmii. My console is too new.

I am using system menu 3.2U, and wish to remove all homebrew, and start with a clean slate. What is the best way of doing this? If I have to update, how safe is it honestly?
The last thing I did before these random problem occurred was use AnyRegionChanger. I think I accidentally selected an option I shouldn't have or something, because if I try to use it now, it never asks if I want to install system menu hacks or whatever. It also warns me that there is a country/region mismatch every time. I'm pretty sure that's a bad thing. Will updating to 4.2 fix it, or is that to risky?

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
nope, woulda bricked.

boot2v4 models cant have system menu or IOS past firmware 3.4

install bootmii as boot2 asap!

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
xzxero said:
nope, woulda bricked.

boot2v4 models cant have system menu or IOS past firmware 3.4

install bootmii as boot2 asap!
Boot2 version has nothing to do with being able to install BootMii as Boot2, it's the boot1 version.
Also, "Boot2v4" wii's aren't the only wii's that can't have BootMii as Boot2
wink2.gif

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
don't uninstall anything, just install all new stuff. upgrade to 4.2 using xzxero's guide on this site, its the first sticky in the wii hacking section. deleting and uninstalling leads to bricks. if you want to be safe, just overwrite and update everything.

Ice God64

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
VashTS said:
don't uninstall anything, just install all new stuff. upgrade to 4.2 using xzxero's guide on this site, its the first sticky in the wii hacking section. deleting and uninstalling leads to bricks. if you want to be safe, just overwrite and update everything.
Yeah, I'm getting ready to do that now. I'm currently backing up all of my SD card data.
QUOTETIP: Don't like downloading all below IOSs manually? Use the NUS Auto downloader! If you use that program, it will not only do steps 2 and 3 for you automatically, you can also choose between versions 3.2, 4.1 and 4.2!

So basically, I don't even have to update.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: But I bet that would be more for a flashcart than a consumer repro board.