1. EmulateLife

EmulateLife GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    You don't still don't know the difference in opinions and facts. You don't get to decide for everyone that owns a switch which games are good or not sorry bud. I have well over 512 gb in games and that's the next lowest amount for an sd card below 1 TB you can't get like a 750 gb sd card and BTW the Switch is only 2.5 years old, it will probably last around 4 more years or so.

If you want to say you do that fine, but you don't speak for everyone. Learn the difference.

Not everyone wants to delete and reinstall games all the time.

I know what it's really about you hate SX OS like others but you lose on this argument.

When people make desperate arguments like you're trying to make it just looks sad. You don't have to like SX OS or use it but there are reasons for others to, get over it.

I use both I use Atmosphere for Flycast I switch back and forth through homebrew menu.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2019
    deSSy2724 likes this.
  2. deSSy2724

deSSy2724 GBAtemp Fan

Germany
    No, no... just NO! To all the folks out there reading all this, I encourage you to not listen to this advice..... this is the kind of the worst advice someone can make.

Instead, listen to what I want to tell you about all of this. I was very young, passionated, joyful.... being a "tech guy" I enjoyed all the games, all the systems/devices and hardware in general (both PC and consoles) I get my hands on back in the days, I tought that it would last forever and that I would go back to it anytime I can....... but in the end I was wrong, naive, careless, I didn't appreciate all that, all that someone else bought/brought it to me back in the day... I lost dozens of legit purchased games, games which are now hard to find or you simply cant find them online in both legal or illegal ways anywhere (unless you want to pay someone hundreads of bucks on ebay or whatever), I lost/broke dozens of systems, dozens of private stuff (HDD failures, pictures, general data and docs etc), and not only once but mutiple times. Over the years I lost all that for really dumb reasons....... no precaution steps, no backups, all my legit (and illegal) stuff lost/broken/vanished (digital and physical), also the stupid war was ongoing, I heard/know some people who lost their whole houses, who lost their private pictures in general or family pictures (all burned down) and all I can see is the pain, the anger, desperation in their eyes and the lost home is the least reason for this, its because of all the experiences, memories, all the ongoing celebrations etc. with their friends and family members which they have recorded for decades on those pictures, video tapes etc. and on top of it, they lost their friends, family members etc..... all was gone and this bad feel (when they talk about it) of that happening is really hard to see because they can never go back to it, NEVER and I share some similarities not only with general life but also with those mentioned: "tech stuff".

Now, regards "tech stuff" (on topic), today im taking every precaution steps I can possibly make to ensure that it wont happen anymore again, now I backup/clone all my legit stuff and not so legit heh in multiple copies (verify/test them), threat all my stuff with care for once.

I really regret it all, im telling you better safe than sorry, learn from other mistakes, dont experience them...... backup your stuff, take good care of it (your surrounded people as well heh) and do every step nessesary to not make the same mistakes I and many others did if its possible for you.

BTW I know some use SX OS/GW because they are making backups of their legit stuff anf they want it in .3ds/,xci format.... not only because of that but because the scene, no intro guys etc. take good care for those mentioned formats (1:1 cleans).

Last edited: Oct 30, 2019
  3. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

Norway
    You can't compare deleting a few pirated games to losing memories from your childhood.
    Anyway, you don't have to delete them from your PC. I kept all the nsps I downloaded. Just delete them from the Switch so they're not cluttering up your games library, that's all. You can tell pretty quickly if you're absolutely not interested in a game or if it might be something you'll return to.
    And I didn't claim to. It's up to each individual to decide which games they want to keep and which games they don't, because everyone's taste is different, but simply put: no one likes every game. In fact no one likes the majority of games released, but across all of them, there's probably someone for every game.
    I don't hate SX OS, I just know what's going to end up happening. They are not going to support it forever and it's already lagging behind in areas. The reason I recommend Atmosphere over SX is simply because it's less buggy, gets updates much quicker and they are going to have to Switch :switch: sooner or later anyway.
    I was (for the most part) happily using SX OS until recently. The reason I switched was because SX OS had the habit of crashing repeatedly in homebrew, even doing something as simple as installing a NSP, and having to get the jig and dongle out constantly is no fun. That's a non issue on Atmosphere.
    XCI support is nice, but besides that, there is really no reason to use SX OS. Switching can be a bit of a hassle though, so I understand people putting it off.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2019
  4. Owenge

Owenge GbaTemp browser

United States
    Because some of us play on the go, and personally, I want to save money when I can.

5. larrypretty

larrypretty GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I have the SX OS and a 256gb sd card, everything is good for a year already, of course I installed emunand and don't play online.

6. jkjj

jkjj Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    400gb microsd, 1-2tb external, sxos license, drop emummc.ini into /emummc/ and use everything

7. cherrysa23

OP cherrysa23 Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
  8. sampiccolo

sampiccolo Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Don't know about the tutorial, but I can assure you that if you get banned you can still play offline; you just can't connect to Nintendo's servers such as the eshop.
    When I set up emunand there was just a simple option in hekate I enabled.

9. Alex4nder001

Alex4nder001 Part-time thug

United Kingdom
    You're not gonna get an answer on here because it's against the rules. But still, you can't make any permanent changes to your system (like installing titles, because it changes the key database or something like that) otherwise Nintendo will notice and you will get banned.

10. Bonehead

Bonehead Banned
    Banned

United States
    Reported to the FIB

11. The Real Jdbye

Norway
    This is the guide you want unless you're using SX OS:
    https://gbatemp.net/threads/setting-up-partitions-for-emummc-with-hekate5-0-nyx.542321/
    Use 29856 as the emuNAND size as 29828 is too small in my experience.
    Then if you want your games moved over to emuNAND move the Nintendo folder to SD:\emuMMC\RAW1, but if you have just hacked the console and not installed any NSPs yet it's probably best to leave your legit stuff as is and use your emuNAND for nsps only. As long as you keep your sysNAND clean you can safely use it for online.

They can't purposely brick your console, that would be illegal.

cherrysa23 likes this.
  12. azoreseuropa

azoreseuropa GBAtemp Guru

United States
    I bet you one cent that someone would prefer backups for free and not bought games to play online. I smell the coffee. :)

13. cherrysa23

OP cherrysa23 Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Thanks for your answer.

For someone who start from a brand new switch, nothing every done, is there any step by step tutorial you would know of?

Last edited: Nov 19, 2019
  14. The Real Jdbye

Norway
    https://switch.homebrew.guide/ but it doesn't have steps for emuNAND.

cherrysa23 likes this.
  15. omegaultima

omegaultima Member
    Newcomer

United States
  16. Hopey123

Hopey123 Member
    Newcomer

Canada
    sorry for a noob question, so SX OS is considered the easiest and safest to hack switch? especially if I only playing offline?
    I have my switch for 1,5year. I am thinking to mod it since I never play online. Please let me know.
    Thank you in advance.

17. The Real Jdbye

Norway
    Easiest? Probably, at least the setup is easier with SX but the usage is about the same.
    Safest? I have my doubts about that one. They take a long time to implement important safety features, like log redirecting to SD so logs are not sent to Nintendo even if you go online.

Hopey123 likes this.
  18. onibaku

onibaku Lurker

Sweden
  19. Hopey123

Hopey123 Member
    Newcomer

Canada
    thank you for your information. Can I still copy my saves game from the one that I bought and use it on the hack one later on?

20. Bonehead

Bonehead Banned
    Banned

United States
    you just made nintendo cry

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - illegal, Safest, Switch