Safer alternative to DARKCORP?

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by metroid maniac, Jan 23, 2011.

Jan 23, 2011
  1. metroid maniac
    OP

Member metroid maniac An idiot with an opinion

United Kingdom
    Take NeoGamma, edit it so it goes automatically to the rebooter, make it force cIOS and no IOS reload when playing games, install it to priiloader and you have a safe alternative to DARKCORP. Or just get the hacks applied by the reloader and put them in priiloader.

Would either of these work?

2. WiiPower

Member WiiPower GBAtemp Guru

Germany
    If you just implement the hacks in priiloader it won't work, because the system menu wouldn't be able to identify the DVD-Rs. You would also need to patch the system menu IOS or set priiloader to use IOS249, and i don't know which one is more dangerous(read: stupid), especially if you are looking for a safer alternative to DARKCORP.

3. metroid maniac
    OP

United Kingdom
    What about if you do the NeoGamma thing I metioned?

4. Taleweaver

Member Taleweaver Storywriter

Belgium
    What is dangerous with telling priiloader to use 249 for the system menu? I'd say at worst, the wii crashes in the system menu. But then it's just a matter of going into priiloader and put that setting back to default. So I wouldn't say it is really dangerous...though I do agree it's not an alternative to darkcorp, as even at the very best scenario, it wouldn't be able to play all the games.

*note: by that, I mean I have never heard of a custom disc loading channel. But it is a channel on your nand and channels can be installed and updated through wads, so in theory, you could make a wad that does indeed make the dis channel load neogamme instead of its normal stuff.
    **I admit I have no idea if such a forwarder exists, but they do exist for at least wiiflow, CFG and GX...I see no reason why it can't be created for other homebrew as well

5. metroid maniac
    OP

United Kingdom
    NeoGamma has a rebooter, right? So does Gecko OS. What I'm saying is to patch NeoGamma to go straight to the rebooter, applying patches to the System Menu that make it use a cIOS and not to reload an IOS while launching a game (So the game will run in a cIOS)

6. person66

Member person66 If it isn't edited, it isn't a true person66 post

Canada
    But you can do this with Priiloader. Just set the system menu to use IOS 249 in the "settings" and enable the "force disk games to run under IOS 249" (or something like that) in the System menu hacks. However, you will get 002 errors with some games. but you get those with the rebooter as well.

7. Hielkenator

Member Hielkenator GBAtemp Psycho!

Netherlands
    FYI Darkcorp is Outdated. It cannot load some of the latest games. The implemented Cios (replacing official ios ) havent'been updated since rev 17.
    Neogamma has the higher compatibility at the moment.