Safely updating in the future

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by jbm715, May 23, 2010.

May 23, 2010
  1. jbm715
    OP

Newcomer jbm715 Member

United States
    Ok so my friend wants me to hack her wii. cool. I have a modded wii and so I generally understand what I'm doing. However I'm wondering is there a way to mod a wii so that when updates come out or a new game comes out she can safely update her wii without fear of a brick. I'm not asking for a guide or anything I just didn't know if that was even possible.

2. Fear_the_Tubes

Newcomer Fear_the_Tubes Advanced Member

United States
    She can either learn how to do it herself or pay someone that knows what they are doing to constantly update it when needed.

Either, or. That's the best options she has.

3. tj_cool

Supervisor tj_cool Stuff

Belgium
    Run the newer games through gecko OS the first time and it'll install just the essential stuff from the update (the IOS the game needs)

4. TRushInfo

Banned TRushInfo Banned

United States
    in the future, the wii wont need updated, it will be hunted down and destroyed by microsoft robots, in the future

5. TRushInfo

Banned TRushInfo Banned

United States
    i thought it was super useful, the guy asked about updating in the future, so i told him about it. how is that useless lol. Gestapo post deleters here lately. Everyone ready for their gbatemp tattoo

6. WiiFan2012

Member WiiFan2012 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I use Priiloader to block both online and disc updates. I would also prefer using USB Loader to

7. Binxy

Member Binxy GBAtemp Regular

United States
    When I hack a wii for people I always install pre(ii)loader for them, tell them to get online to come to this site, and few other ones to do a little reading, and that if by some small chance I mess up their wii they are taking this chance, and I can not be blamed for something that I do or that they may do in the future.
    If they agree to this then I hack their wii for them.