nloding

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
OK, so I just finished about 20 minutes of searching on this forum and didn't find anything except "scratched screen", "clean rom", and "equipment screen" in the searching.

What is the best way to clean the two screens?

Are the Hori screen protectors worth it? (Not where to buy them legit) ...

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I find them a waste of money, as the ds will be closed when it is in a bag/pocket/wherever it could get damaged. The only time the screen could realistically get damaged is when the ds is open. Then the only thing I can imagine happening is having an epileptic fit and jabbing the stylus straight through the screen... =] A sheet of plastic certainly wouldn't protect much then..

Best way to clean is either a bit of isopropyl alcohol on some cotton wool or a soft cloth with a little soapy water.

4saken

Retired Ace Attorney
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I find them a waste of money, as the ds will be closed when it is in a bag/pocket/wherever it could get damaged. The only time the screen could realistically get damaged is when the ds is open. Then the only thing I can imagine happening is having an epileptic fit and jabbing the stylus straight through the screen... =] A sheet of plastic certainly wouldn't protect much then..

Best way to clean is either a bit of isopropyl alcohol on some cotton wool or a soft cloth with a little soapy water.

I found out that my screen protectors worked right after i let my friends play Elite Beat Agents
they're worth it, and theyre quite cheap for the protection you get

EvoTroy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, you'd be silly not to spend the $4 for screen protectors. There are so many games out there that require insane back and forth movement of the stylus on the touch screen that it is almost impossible for your screen to not get scratched. Well worth it in Cooking Mama.

Skitals2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got hori screen protectors... well worth my money. One of the only screenprotectors that I was actually able to apply without and bubbles. I accidentally touched the bottom of the screen protector with the clotch while applying and got lint all on it. Best part is that you can peel the screen protector off and wash it under running water. Wave it around to dry it off, and stick it back on. No dust under the screen protector now, and still no bubbles!

yee

Trophies
Website
revscene.net
XP
Country
Canada
Unless you're good at applying them, find someone that can, then get the screen protectors. Why? I've bought like 5 different Hori's locally and everytime I bought them, I've messed up installing them (over $30 wasted, GRR)

Most often than not, you'll end up having a bubble, and unless it doesn't bother you, you'll keep trying to reapply them until you get extremely frustrated at which point you'll either yell or throw them in the trash.

thegame07

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
just using the stylus on the touchscreen scratches it
frown.gif

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
i scratched my top screen veryslightly /_\ don't ask how but luckily its only noticable from certain angles.

i got some screen protectors from futuretronic (australian company i think) they were 2 parts no instructions, so i wasn't sure if u were meant to put one on the top screen, but now i'm pretty sure that you aren't because i read in the nintendo manual (yes i skimmed through it) that the top screen isn't meant to have one on it. but i didnt put the second one on anyway cuz it made using the touch screen dodgy. I don't reccomend the wuality of the brand, but it does the job fine enough.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Batman joined the Trans Justice League
    +2
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    based af
    +2
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Forget the base, get on the roof.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Is that a bat in your buckle or are you just happy to have me
    Wonder "Woman" lol you wonder if they are a woman?
    The Riddler has questions...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Played a little of snow day glad I didn't spend $30
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's asthetic is okay maybe a good $10 grab
    Lol is it a game about doing cocaine?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Probably in pvp
    I tried Balders Gate II on the PS2 a few minutes ago, not bad lol
    My back catalog of games is like that scene at the end of Indiana Jones where the arc of the covenant is being stored in a giant ass warehouse
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    At least I can will my game catalog to family members
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's your problem now bitches
    Put it in your will that in order to receive any money they have to beat certain games, hard games and super shitty games...
    Say 20 bucks per Ninja Gaiden on the NES lol 60 bucks for all 3
    People you like "Beat level 1 of Ms Pacman" lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Hello kitty ds is required
    +1
    Beat Celebrity Death Match on the PS1 omg tried it earlier today .... Absolutely trash
    Like -37 out of 10
    One of the worst games I have ever played
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make them rank up every cod game out
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    "Now I know why he took his own life"
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: "Now I know why he took his own life"