Safely clean screens

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by nloding, Jan 17, 2007.

Jan 17, 2007

Safely clean screens by nloding at 9:34 PM (963 Views / 0 Likes) 8 replies

1. nloding
    OP

Member nloding GBAtemp Fan

United States
    OK, so I just finished about 20 minutes of searching on this forum and didn't find anything except "scratched screen", "clean rom", and "equipment screen" in the searching.

What is the best way to clean the two screens?

Are the Hori screen protectors worth it? (Not where to buy them legit) ...

2. joe_gamer

Member joe_gamer GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Yes, screen protectors are worth it.

You can get Hori from decal girl.com , walmart, or Fry's. All legit dealers.

3. 111111111

Member 111111111 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Zimbabwe
    I find them a waste of money, as the ds will be closed when it is in a bag/pocket/wherever it could get damaged. The only time the screen could realistically get damaged is when the ds is open. Then the only thing I can imagine happening is having an epileptic fit and jabbing the stylus straight through the screen... =] A sheet of plastic certainly wouldn't protect much then..

Best way to clean is either a bit of isopropyl alcohol on some cotton wool or a soft cloth with a little soapy water.

4. 4saken

Member 4saken Retired Ace Attorney

Australia
    I found out that my screen protectors worked right after i let my friends play Elite Beat Agents
    they're worth it, and theyre quite cheap for the protection you get

5. EvoTroy

Newcomer EvoTroy Member

United States
    Yeah, you'd be silly not to spend the $4 for screen protectors. There are so many games out there that require insane back and forth movement of the stylus on the touch screen that it is almost impossible for your screen to not get scratched. Well worth it in Cooking Mama.

6. Skitals2

Newcomer Skitals2 Newbie

United States
    I got hori screen protectors... well worth my money. One of the only screenprotectors that I was actually able to apply without and bubbles. I accidentally touched the bottom of the screen protector with the clotch while applying and got lint all on it. Best part is that you can peel the screen protector off and wash it under running water. Wave it around to dry it off, and stick it back on. No dust under the screen protector now, and still no bubbles!

7. yee

Member yee DOTA 4EVER

Canada
    Unless you're good at applying them, find someone that can, then get the screen protectors. Why? I've bought like 5 different Hori's locally and everytime I bought them, I've messed up installing them (over $30 wasted, GRR)

Most often than not, you'll end up having a bubble, and unless it doesn't bother you, you'll keep trying to reapply them until you get extremely frustrated at which point you'll either yell or throw them in the trash.

8. thegame07

Member thegame07 GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    just using the stylus on the touchscreen scratches it [​IMG]

9. OSW

Former Staff OSW Wii King

Australia
    i scratched my top screen veryslightly /_\ don't ask how but luckily its only noticable from certain angles.

i got some screen protectors from futuretronic (australian company i think) they were 2 parts no instructions, so i wasn't sure if u were meant to put one on the top screen, but now i'm pretty sure that you aren't because i read in the nintendo manual (yes i skimmed through it) that the top screen isn't meant to have one on it. but i didnt put the second one on anyway cuz it made using the touch screen dodgy. I don't reccomend the wuality of the brand, but it does the job fine enough.