Hacking SafeB9S Sighaxed FIRM Error (MicroSD Card: INIT FAILED)

DocKlokMan

Plugin Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oops, US.
Great, you feel free to pop her open and take pics, but I'm pretty sure this is not a hardware issue, just a bad NAND flash. I've been dealing with them a lot since NTRBootHax came out. I'll have something for you to help revive your 2DS. I'll send you a link via PM once it's ready.

Luglige

hiatus
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Great, you feel free to pop her open and take pics, but I'm pretty sure this is not a hardware issue, just a bad NAND flash. I've been dealing with them a lot since NTRBootHax came out. I'll have something for you to help revive your 2DS. I'll send you a link via PM once it's ready.
ok, thanks.

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
o2ds. It's currently being popped open for detailed analysis...

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

would you like both the NAND pins and SD card slot house? Both?
The whole board. If your camera is crappy, zoom in as close as you can and take several pics if you have to, to cover the whole thing. I get the feeling you had no business playing with a soldering iron, and solder can splash, jump, and pretty much end up anywhere. You may have multiple issues. @AnalogMan seems to have figured out your nand problem. I still think you have another problem with your hard-mod attempt. Your nand problem wouldn't be cause for not being able to mount your SD (only your ability to read/decrypt stuff in the "/Nintendo 3DS" folder).

EDIT: But I must digress... the very same pic that said it couldn't mount the SD obviously loaded the app from somewhere, whether it was a copy on nand or from the SD. Simply bizarre...

Last edited by urherenow,

DocKlokMan

Plugin Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The whole board. If your camera is crappy, zoom in as close as you can and take several pics if you have to to cover the whole thing. I get the feeling you had no business playing with a soldering iron, and solder can splash, jump, and pretty much end up anywhere. You may have multiple issues. @AnalogMan seems to have figured out your nand problem. I still think you have another problem with your hard-mod attempt. Your nand problem wouldn't be cause for not being able to mount your SD (only your ability to read/decrypt stuff in the "/Nintendo 3DS" folder).
The SD can mount just fine in GodMode9, it only cannot mount in SafeB9SInstaller or Decrypt9 because neither of those were coded for a system where the FIRM partitions could not be accessed. They both share a similar code base and the SD init error is being shown because there is no specific error for being unable to access FIRMs, so it defaults to the last cached error of the step just before, SD init. Since these were made before NTRBootHax, they were made with the idea that if you can run the payloads at all, then you must have working FIRMs. GodMode9 was not written like this and can load just fine with busted FIRMs, which is why the SD card works just fine in GodMode9 and for actually booting the payloads.

TL;DR SD init errors in SafeB9SInstaller and Decrypt9 are red herrings.

Last edited by DocKlokMan,

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The SD can mount just fine in GodMode9, it only cannot mount in SafeB9SInstaller or Decrypt9 because neither of those were coded for a system where the FIRM partitions could not be accessed. They both share a similar code base and the SD init error is being shown because there is no specific error for being unable to access FIRMs, so it defaults to the last cached error of the step just before, SD init. Since these were made before NTRBootHax, they were made with the idea that if you can run the payloads at all, then you must have working FIRMs. GodMode9 was not written like this and can load just fine with busted FIRMs, which is why the SD card works just fine in GodMode9 and for actually booting the payloads.
Makes sense. Thanks for the info! But... I did throw an edit up there before I saw this (and realized that gm9 did load from the card). Very slow internet out to sea...

Luglige

hiatus
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica

TL;DR SD init errors in SafeB9SInstaller and Decrypt9 are red herrings.
So that being said, why can't I access any filed using GodMode9/

God I probably sound like my english is no good, I'm tired lmao.

Also GMAIL is slow...

DocKlokMan

Plugin Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So that being said, why can't I access any filed using GodMode9/

God I probably sound like my english is no good, I'm tired lmao.

Also GMAIL is slow...
You can access files on the SD card in GodMode9 just fine as evidenced by this picture where you open the SD:/boot9strap folder and see it's contents: https://imgur.com/a/06ZEN

What you can't do is access any files on your NAND because it's messed up. It'll need to be repaired first before you can go any further, which I should be able to assist with.

Luglige

hiatus
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
You can access files on the SD card in GodMode9 just fine as evidenced by this picture where you open the SD:/boot9strap folder and see it's contents: https://imgur.com/a/06ZEN

What you can't do is access any files on your NAND because it's messed up. It'll need to be repaired first before you can go any further, which I should be able to assist with.
yay thanks.

Also it seems that nothing is bridging what so ever, my photos are the best I could get, so don't judge to hard:

First Set:
https://imgur.com/a/3ecIe

Luglige

hiatus
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Wait, you have a NAND.bin on the root of your SD card (just saw that). Where did that come from? Is it a good backup of you NAND before hard mod? Can you press A on it and choose NAND Image Options > Mount image to drive?
I tried but it threw an error...

https://imgur.com/a/06ZEN
Last photo is the error

Luglige

hiatus
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Okay, so it threw an error when trying to mount that file to drive (not restore backup, but mount)? If so then no need to worry about it, that means it's a bad backup and can be deleted.
no whenever I tried to restore to SysNAND I believe.

Makes sense. Thanks for the info! But... I did throw an edit up there before I saw this (and realized that gm9 did load from the card). Very slow internet out to sea...
https://imgur.com/a/tqNVE
Last set, this is the SD card.

DocKlokMan

Plugin Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, It's all together (again.) Would you like to PM me or just go over it here?
If you can press A on the NAND.bin file on the SD card and choose NAND image options > Mount image to disk and it mounts successfully we'll go over it here. Otherwise, if the mount fails, then I have about 10 minutes left until I can PM you.

Luglige

hiatus
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
If you can press A on the NAND.bin file on the SD card and choose NAND image options > Mount image to disk and it mounts successfully we'll go over it here. Otherwise, if the mount fails, then I have about 10 minutes left until I can PM you.
ok.

I also backed up my EMUNAND if it has to come to that.

It works... It's currently on 7.

DocKlokMan

Plugin Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok.

I also backed up my EMUNAND if it has to come to that.

It works... It's currently on 7.
Haha, well this is simple then. Rename the NAND.bin file to nand.bin (capitalization is important) and then copy it from 0:/nand.bin to S:/nand.bin (to do this go to 0:/, highlight nand.bin, press Y to add it to your clipboard, back out and go to [S:] and press Y to paste). Confirm unlocking lvl3 sysNAND permissions on the red screen by putting in the on-screen key combo and let it copy it over. When it's done, you should have the CTRNAND, TWLN, TWLP partitions and [S:] should have a whole lot of new stuff in it.

Last edited by DocKlokMan,

Luglige

hiatus
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Haha, well this is simple then. Renamed the NAND.bin file to nand.bin (capitalization is important) and then copy it from 0:/nand.bin to S:/nand.bin (to do this go to 0:/, highlight nand.bin, press Y to add it to your clipboard, back out and go to [S:] and press Y to paste). Confirm unlocking lvl3 sysNAND permissions on the red screen by putting in the on-screen key combo and let it copy it over. When it's done, you should have the CTRNAND, TWLN, TWLP partitions and [S:] should have a whole lot of new stuff in it.
ok, should I delete the nand.bin in my nand also?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: This movie rip so werid has 1080p quality but the audios ripped with movie theater audio quality