safe to use psn store on 6.60 cfw psp

Discussion in 'PSP - Hacking & Homebrew' started by rdurbin, Nov 15, 2014.

1. rdurbin
    OP

rdurbin GBAtemp Fan

Sep 13, 2006
    United States
    US
    I have cfw 6.60 pro-b9 and appears it will connect to psn store. I am somewhat worried about doing it on cfw tho, will they ban the account for connecting to it with a cfw psp. I have been burned once before when cfw came out for ps3, they banned my account and I lost all purchases and was forced to make a 2nd account. Since than I bought a lot of stuff legally and obtained freebies through psn plus. Lately everything I bought for my playstation TV, I would pirate the exact same item for psp so can use the games with adhoc, even tho I legally entitled to the 2nd copy for psp if its linked

So I guess my question is safe to even access it, or should I remove cfw since many of my games now are somewhat legal or maybe use a temp firmware and only use psn after a reboot, so the cfw is removed. The only thing that would suck is if I get rid of cfw some games I have, you cannot buy on psn yet or probably ever, like kingdom hearts, final fantasy 1 and 2 (psp version), star ocean, etc

2. trumpet-205

trumpet-205 Embrace the darkness within

Jan 14, 2009
    United States
    I'm pretty sure you cannot access PSN on PSP (even on OFW) anymore, at least for PAL region. For PSP to download stuff from PSN they have to be purchased alternatively (web shop or using PS3), then transfer to PSP using Media Go or PS3.

That said, Sony has stopped for a long time to ban people on PSP CFW. Now days they are after people using PS3 CFW.