Hacking Safe to use E-Shop and/or play online with latest Luma?

spectral

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I've been having a look around and cant find anything particularly recent as to whether or not it is safe to play online with Luma. I currently only have Luma installed on my old OG 3DS XL with no Nintendo account linked to it at all. I would like it on my New 3DS XL, however I have a number of games purchased from the E-shop on both 3DS and Wii U I wouldn't want to lose access too, plus while I dont do it often I dont want to lose the option to play online or download game updates/DLC.

Last edited by spectral,

spectral

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
A follow up question. If for whatever reason they become able to detect it, what does the ban include? I'm really not all that bothered if I lose the ability the play online as I play almost entirely SP. However I would hate to lose my E-Shop purchases. Also would it include other consoles? If I got a 3DS banned, would a switch I buy in the future work fine online with my existing Nintendo account?

Last edited by spectral,

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
A follow up question. If for whatever reason they become able to detect it, what does the ban include? I'm really not all that bothered if I lose the ability the play online as I play almost entirely SP. However I would hate to lose my E-Shop purchases. Also would it include other consoles? If I got a 3DS banned, would a switch I buy in the future work fine online with my existing Nintendo account?
It gives an error code that most of the time is "Error Code: 002-0102" or "Error Code: 022-2812" in some cases. Most bans disallow you from accessing online features like gameplay, friends list, eShop, etc. Some cases only allow you access the eShop and nothing else. There are methods of lifting each ban and most of the time just involves getting a non-banned friendseed.

I would like to add that there's always a risk of getting banned when dealing with homebrews. At the same time it's easier to get unbanned when your system is hacked verse when your system isn't hacked. So keeping your system hacked ironically makes it safer as you can just unban yourself if you ever need to.

SonicMC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

apparently there are different types of bans; but at least one person says they were banned on 3ds but not on wii u. Could be alright; but you never know what nintendo might do in the future.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/nnid-ban-affect-to-nintendo-account.486302/

spectral

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
you can go to eshop, but if you have illegal/unsigned dlc, it will be deleted when you'll go to eshop

Yeah I just read about that. Tbh its not really a problem as I don't go there very often anyway. My main concern is losing access to the account on other non hacked devices in the future.

Reactions: Xyphoseos

LowEndC

ǝɹıℲ ɥʇıM ǝɹıℲ ʇɥƃıℲ
Trophies
XP
Country
Niger
you can go to eshop, but if you have illegal/unsigned dlc, it will be deleted when you'll go to eshop
DLC only gets deleted if you have already purchased DLC legitimately from the eshop before.
i have never purchased dlc from the eshop, so,
my dlc stays when i go into the eshop

Reactions: Xyphoseos

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-