Homebrew Safe to update my 3DS via System Settings?

vgplayer54

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello, I've been out of the 3DS scene for a bit, and I noticed there's an update available for my 3DS. I have a N3DS Firmware 11.2.0-35U with Luma3DS and A9LH installed. Would it be safe for me to do this without locking myself out of my homebrew or future potential?

vgplayer54

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yes but I recommend following this to fullproof your 3ds since new luma updates such as 7.1 and up will not support a9lh anymore https://3ds.guide/updating-to-boot9strap
Wow thank you for this information. Is it necessary to update Luma3DS in order to run the latest firmware? or can I keep Luma3DS where it is and still have the latest firmware and A9LH?

Deleted member 381889

Guide Writer
Trophies
XP
Wow thank you for this information. Is it necessary to update Luma3DS in order to run the latest firmware? or can I keep Luma3DS where it is and still have the latest firmware and A9LH?
You do not need the latest Luma version to upgrade to 11.4. However, it is highly recommended and only takes ten minutes.
When you have the time, please follow the guide @Ominous66521 posted.

Reactions: Ryccardo
D

Deleted User

The guide I linked provides the latest luma anyway so if you follow that,you will be fine and it only takes 10minutes out of your time.No downgrading is required either.

vgplayer54

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
One small question about the guide - This particular instruction:

If, before updating to boot9strap, you already had an EmuNAND setup and would like to move the contents of your previous EmuNAND to your new SysNAND CFW, now is the time to follow Move EmuNAND before doing this section.

I'm unsure what this means, I know I once had EmuNand but I'm not sure if I still do. When I power on my N3DS, it boots immediately to the home page I use, complete with access to FBI, NTR, CIA-installed content, etc. When I go to Settings, it states my firmware is "Sys 11.2.0-35U" so I assume I am in SysNand. Do I have to complete this step and follow the "Move EmuNand" guide before continuing?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Wish I could use that for video editing lol