Hacking Safe to update emuNAND in classic mode without GW?

Stremon

OP
Trophies
Website
jbbongrand.blogspot.fr
XP
Country
France
As my gateway will take around 2-3 weeks to arrive, I wanted to know if I could safely update the downgraded 4.5 emuNAND (EU version downgraded with GW 3.0.1), to still play my 6.x+ retail games on it.

I booted the emuNAND, and it's correctly showing the gateway firmware in settings, but strangely when I exit the settings it goes back to sysNAND.

And I didn't do a clean reset of the sysNAND yet to separate the sysNAND from the emuNAND.

I also have the NAND/SD backup of before the downgrade, I even have a second SD card with the 9.2 emuNAND on it.

Any idea what I can do with that?

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
it is normal to go to sysnand when you exit the settings.
you will not be able to go to gw mode or classic mode without the gw card.

Stremon

OP
Trophies
Website
jbbongrand.blogspot.fr
XP
Country
France
Thanks for your answer ;)
The classic mode doesn't require the gw card to boot, you just have limited functions (no rom menu or whatever).
When I boot classic mode without the gw card, there is just a warning message saying that there are limitations without the gw card, I just have to press X to confirm I want to boot classic mode anyway.
Just wanted to be sure the update could be done safely without the gw card :lol:

Edit: nevermind, got my answer in a gateway mode FAQ:

Safety updating the emuNAND Firmware
15. Boot GW Mode w/ EmuNAND Classic - Updating NOT SAFE, this will update the SysNAND

davhuit

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Depend. Mine don't boot in classic mode without the red card, even if a message says it can but with limited functions. I read somewhere you could but it seems they might have blocked it again.

Stremon

OP
Trophies
Website
jbbongrand.blogspot.fr
XP
Country
France
oh I see... seems like we can't do much without the gw card.
I don't wanna mess up anything with a 4.5 CFW anyway, especially because it can't do region free, even with retail games (the main reason why I want gateway card).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte