Hacking Safe to Online update Online for 5.5.2?

SamuraiPizzaCat

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello. Bin out of the scene for a really long time and I am wondering if it is safe to up date right now to get version 5.5.2 needed for modding I am currently on version 5.3.2 at the moment, on my Wii U. Thanks!

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well you can get homebrew hacks on 5.5.2 but its easier on 5.5.1. So yes is possible. Basically if you have maybe one Nintendo DS virtual console game, you can turn that into a CFW enabler known as haxchi, then you are pretty much good from there just having that regardless of the firmware number. :)

Reactions: SamuraiPizzaCat

SamuraiPizzaCat

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well you can get homebrew hacks on 5.5.2 but its easier on 5.5.1. So yes is possible. Basically if you have maybe one Nintendo DS virtual console game, you can turn that into a CFW enabler known as haxchi, then you are pretty much good from there just having that regardless of the firmware number. :)

I remember buying a game to turn the game in to a homebrew channel I forget which one, before I stuck console in storage. So I don't need to up date firm ware to get Mocha CFW working and just turn the game in to Haxchi.

threads/guide-noob-guide-to-wii-u-hacking.451297/

I was looking at that guide. I have to remove the gbatemp as it saw it as spam.

SamuraiPizzaCat

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But you said you are on 5.3.2, you have to be on 5.5.X firmware to install haxchi i think. You COULD install haxchi on 5.5.2 but is just frustrating, but once you do it, then that when the frustration ends.

Sorry. My bad typing. Yes I am currently on 5.3.2 at this moment. I wanted to know if I can use the update feature to get to 5.5.2 from Nintendo or am I to late to get the up date. I do not mind jumping through extra hoops to get things to work.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry. My bad typing. Yes I am currently on 5.3.2 at this moment. I wanted to know if I can use the update feature to get to 5.5.2 from Nintendo or am I to late to get the up date. I do not mind jumping through extra hoops to get things to work.
You can update right now, you will go to 5.5.2 so no problems there. :P

Reactions: SamuraiPizzaCat

ole

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
If I'm not mistaken 5.5.1 is the best firmware to be on.

Ideally you should get a hold of a disc copy which contains that update.

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I'm not mistaken 5.5.1 is the best firmware to be on.

Ideally you should get a hold of a disc copy which contains that update.
That's subjective. 5.5.1 is best if you don't have HaxChi. If you use HaxChi with 5.5.2 there is little to no difference

ole

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
HaxChi costs money in any version

So it was free and then became paid? Or are I'm confusing it with something similar in name?

Because I did not pay any money when getting Haxchi on my Wii U following one of the post in here.

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So it was free and then became paid? Or are I'm confusing it with something similar in name?

Because I did not pay any money when getting Haxchi on my Wii U following one of the post in here.
There was a HaxChi compatable DS that was free for some. Mostly European users and people who took advantage way back in the day. If you already downloaded the free brain age game then you can download it again on 5.5.2 for free if you don't have HaxChi now. For everyone else you'll need to pay a few bucks

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: How's it going my loves