Gaming Safe to install stealth patched games onto HDD?

blazingwolf

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just got my 360 flashed and its working great, I have a question though, today I was playing Skate 2, good game, but the loading times can get annoying compared to the demo. I know you can install games onto the HDD, but is it safe to install stealth patched backups onto the HDD? Can Microsoft scan the HDD and find the stealth patch and ban me or something? Or is it completely safe?

Blue Zoidberg

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Load time are awful. Playing RE 5 after I installed it was like playing a whole new game.
I've had no problems with stealthed games on my HDD.
I'm not 100% sure how much they can actually see on a HDD, whether it's simply a general 'this is what's installed' or a more robust, detailed list, but I doubt anything with the moniker 'stealth' would have any obvious red flags.

PS nothing completely removes the threat of a ban.

deathfisaro

Narcistic Deathfisaro Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
HDD install helps a lot for most games. There are a few games that show little to no improvement, and there are a few that get worse after HDD install.

I have a 20GB HDD but I install every single game before playing. (Install-play-either beat or quit-delete-repeat)

MS does not take a look at everyone's entire HDD (if they do, your bandwidth would be filled from uploading everything from your HDD). So it comes down to small sections of the data that they're interested in (if any), and if they can monitor that specific section in your HDD then they also can monitor that section when you put your disc in.

So I'd conclude installing to HDD doesn't increase the odds of getting banned.

JumpMan3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has there been any test done by installing a real copy, and a back up copy to a HDD, then connecting the HDD to a PC to see if the values are the same?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also gonna install twilight menu in my r4 flashcard
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    One thing that just occurred to me.... The sound on the 2600 sucked less back then the harsh sound we hear now is from infinitely better speakers we have now, back when the 2600 was new speakers produced a almost muffled sound, like CRTs made old graphics look slightly better.
    I wonder if I could recommend that to some emulation devs that perhaps the sound could use some smoothing out to simulate those old TVs
    I think a few of the early systems could benefit from that, at least up to the 8 bit generation, by the 16 bit generation I think TVs had gotten a lot better in almost every way
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont have an sd card adapter but I have an usb sd card adapter
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Old people games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    its not the one that comes with the r4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    doesnt work (my flashcard is from r4isdhc.com)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    might install ysmenu first
    Try Wood firmware
    For your R4
    It's old but it's the best firmware out for DS stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    it says it only works for the original R4, R4i Gold (r4ids.cn), R4iDSN (r4idsn.com) and Acekard R.P.G.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm it does support mine
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    but why choose it over ysmenu @Psionic Roshambo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc im stupid?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yea ik im stupid
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    Just give it a try, but honestly if you have a 3DS you can play DS games without a card just off the internal SD card
    Slightly slower loading but a bit more convenient
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, my fuckin headphones have an out of place speaker
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you try wearing them?
    B @ btjunior: @Xdqwerty 16