Hacking Safe to go online after downloading freeshop?

Vannacut

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just about to get CFW on my 3ds. Of course Im getting freeshop. But Im not completely sure about something. Is it safe to go on web browser or use thing like netflix, and youtube? But also if there are any online games like pokemon ultra sun is it ok to play with someone online? Thanks!

Mikemk

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's safe if you use the 3dsx version. Nintendo can detect the cia version.

The latest update of Pokemon USUM is able to detect whether it was installed from freeshop or eShop. Don't download that.

I imagine future games might also include said capability.

Xyphoseos

Hack or no games
Trophies
XP
Country
France

The latest update of Pokemon USUM is able to detect whether it was installed from freeshop or eShop. Don't download that.

are you sure ? because I updated US from freeshop and Im not banned and I play everyday online

SANIC

GBATemp's Sonic Fan in Residence, 後
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Spotpass off = no ban
Both of these are wrong. Nintendo can detect what you do online anyways

D

Deleted User

Both of these are wrong. Nintendo can detect what you do online anyways
That's when you're wrong yourself. My private localfriendcodeseed still isn't ban since the huge ban wave that happened. Using public localfriendcodeseed get banned regardless because of those who don't turn off spotpass

D

Deleted User

If you get banned just swap lfcs.I cant say what causes the ban since the bans are very unpredictable,however when a ban happens,a group of people get banned at the same time.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Spotpass off = no ban
That myth was debunked.You can get banned with spotpass off aswell.

D

Deleted User

I must be lucky then. 2 years of 3DS with CFW and still not banned. I still don't believe people get banned while spotpass is off. I have my own 3DS CFW shop and not one of my client complained about their 3DS getting banned. Loaded with homebrew apps in .cia form and games. I believe those who get banned with spotpass off are using a public seed and they don't understand how a public seed work

Reactions: DarthDub

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I must be lucky then. 2 years of 3DS with CFW and still not banned. I still don't believe people get banned while spotpass is off. I have my own 3DS CFW shop and not one of my client complained about their 3DS getting banned. Loaded with homebrew apps in .cia form and games. I believe those who get banned with spotpass off are using a public seed and they don't understand how a public seed work
Ive done a bit of digging, and it's completely random. I don't even use Rosalina injection and I've been fine the whole time, though this may be because I recovered from an original S/M ban with a personal seed and a changed console ID. Anyway, there's truth to the fact of turning off spotpass... To an extent. No matter what you turn off, whether it be spotpass or sharing info, Nintendo always has access to the title Id of the app you're playing. This is what is confirmed as fact so far. What is speculation is that the bans are caused from people running invalid title ID's for frograms such as freeshop, though this is still most likely the case. You can't assume the people being banned are all lying or doing something stupid. The cause is unknown and seemingly random, and the most we can do is turn off everything and use Rosalina injection, which so far has been keeping people safe.

D

Deleted User

Ive done a bit of digging, and it's completely random. I don't even use Rosalina injection and I've been fine the whole time, though this may be because I recovered from an original S/M ban with a personal seed and a changed console ID. Anyway, there's truth to the fact of turning off spotpass... To an extent. No matter what you turn off, whether it be spotpass or sharing info, Nintendo always has access to the title Id of the app you're playing. This is what is confirmed as fact so far. What is speculation is that the bans are caused from people running invalid title ID's for frograms such as freeshop, though this is still most likely the case. You can't assume the people being banned are all lying or doing something stupid. The cause is unknown and seemingly random, and the most we can do is turn off everything and use Rosalina injection, which so far has been keeping people safe.

Rosalina injection? I install everything through FBI. Link to the thread

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
That's when you're wrong yourself. My private localfriendcodeseed still isn't ban since the huge ban wave that happened. Using public localfriendcodeseed get banned regardless because of those who don't turn off spotpass
Actually you are still not completely correct and your statement has been proven to be rather questionable multiple times. There have been several people who reported bans despite following the previous suggested methods to not get banned. No one knows what method Nintendo uses, if anything it could just be random checks. Regardless the previously stated method does not prevent bans.
I would like to mention that there hasn't been a massive ban wave since last year's ban wave. I am pretty sure that was the only wave Nintendo was planning on doing during the 3DS lifespan before moving on to beef up Switch security.

Last edited by The Catboy,
Reactions: Giodude

Vannacut

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

So I cant install pokemon ultra sun/moon?

AdenTheThird

The Apathetical Atheist
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

OH SNAP I didn't know that part about USUM! Won't download in that case lol

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: