Hacking Safe to eject game cartridge while power still ON?

Kira99

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Is it safe to eject a game cartridge while power still ON?

I'm wondering how to get a R4 save, onto an actual real game cartridge.
I beat Professor Layton of R4, loved the game so much I bought it last month.

I'm wondering if I load up the R4 game, eject and then pop in the real Game, would I be able to save?

I'm worried that ejecting like that would fry the game/R4/system...and please no dares.

I probably should just beat it again, but some of the puzzles were really hard...

Rehehelly

Trophies
XP
Country
No, you won't be able to save.

AFAIK the game just stops when you eject the cartridge. Don't think it does any harm, but it's still better to power off before you eject.

Swip

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Kanchome said:
Swip said:
Just download a completed save file
you dont get whats he saying
Unlike pokemon save files there wouldn't be much difference between his own personal save file and another on the net if there both completed. So I was just suggesting that it'd save him some time by just downloading a completed save file unless he wants to re-play the game again.

deathfisaro

Narcistic Deathfisaro Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Swip said:
Unlike pokemon save files there wouldn't be much difference between his own personal save file and another on the net if there both completed. So I was just suggesting that it'd save him some time by just downloading a completed save file unless he wants to re-play the game again.
He's trying to transfer his Layton save from his R4 to his retail Layton cart. Hope this cleared up your confusion.

Joey90

Not around any more
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
You can transfer saves between flashcard and actual card, if you have a slot-2 then use a slot-2 tool, or use something like savsender, which does a similar thing via wifi (no slot-2 required
smile.gif
).

In this case you do have to swap carts while running the program, but it is designed for this.

For other carts it is perfectly safe to do so unless it is saving (in which case you shouldn't power off or remove the cart) however it will either freeze or come up with a 'gamecard removed' message.

Raika

uguu
Trophies
XP
Country
wow ive tried with a few games and they all seem to just hang. But if u take out the umd from a psp you are still able to play the game for awhile. Lol thats what my bros did when they wanted to play the same game
yaynds.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night