Hacking Safe to do a syustem transfer with a hacked vWii?

Futurdreamz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have CFG Loader and nintendon't on my Wii U's vWii mode, which I use to play Gamecube and Wii games. If I transfer everything to a different Wii U (from the white basic to the Windwaker edition) will it survive the trip? Will the transfer fail, or do i run the risk of something breaking?

Thanks.

Irastris

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It will probably do the same thing that a System Transfer from a real Wii to Wii U will do. Move the legitimate titles and delete the homebrew/pirated titles.

I'm not certain though, so I'd recommend getting a second input from someone else on this topic before going ahead and doing it.

Futurdreamz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Not really an issue unless it decides to format my SD card, though I will have to re-jailbreak my Wii U. Damn, I'll have to borrow that Lego game again.

Futurdreamz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
...My Wii U side is untouched, and I see no reason to change that. I use only CFG Loader and Nintendon't to play games that Nintendo has not made available to purchase from their eShop.

GizmoTheGreen

Trophies
XP
Country
...My Wii U side is untouched, and I see no reason to change that. I use only CFG Loader and Nintendon't to play games that Nintendo has not made available to purchase from their eShop.

runnign wuphax doesn't really change anything on Wii U side though, you can just use wiiubru.com on the console itself

1. start appstore first to get wuphax (you'll need the hackmii installer boot.elf on SD yourself)
2. then launcher homebrew launcher and run wuphax
3. go into wiimode and run miichannel or whatever wuphax rpelaced to install homebrew channel
4. reboot wii u and run wuphax again to restore the mii channel to original
no you can safely delete the wiiu folder and boot.elf from your SD card

your wii u is still perfectly vanilla no permanent changes except ofcourse in you vWii

Futurdreamz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Update: It's all good to go.

I performed the system transfer, and as expected HBC and my loader forwarder were deleted. Then I ran Return of the Jodi to reinstall Homebrew, and I redownlaoded a CFG forwarder WAD and used "Yet Another..." to install that. Everything works, including Wii and Gamecube games. Just have to resync all controllers with the new Wii U.

I still have a bunch of garbage on my SD card (along with a wad manager that just crashes on start), but it all works fine so I'm not complaining. I'm surprised I didn't have to install IOS 46 or 248 or whatever to make it all work, but I'm not complaining.

Last edited by Futurdreamz,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Proxy sites, not very effective.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    if ur on a Chromebook and cant change jack about the laptop that's what I gotta use
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    One of the sites that weren't blocked on the school's network was some file uploading sites. I would upload some games, write down the URL and take it to school one day.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I did it when the teachers werent looking ofc. I even managed to take in a USB stick that wasn't allowed.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    my school has a chrome extension called light speed filter agent and it legit blocks YouTube pfps since the file cdn(I think aka yt3.ggpht.com) is classed as mature
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    mhm
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    they have other stuff like goguardian too
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Ours mainly relied on the router, I believe.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    our school network and chrome policies block stuff too
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    alot of yt to mp3 sites are blocked by light speed for "Security"
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was easy to bypass some of the restrictions, as one of the admins left a registry key in the administrative shares drive, which allowed me to get around the blocking of some sites.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    tf does tta mean
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    yeah this is chrome os
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    cant do shit
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Wdym 'TTA'?
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    that* as in why yt to mp3 sites are blocked for security
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Remember when YouTubetoMP3 was a thing back in the 2010s?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Until YT updated some stuffs and broke the website.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    I was 2 in 2010
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Oh lol
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    This was in the Minecraft-era.
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: a