Hacking Safe guide to use kernelexploit anywhere without ever having to fear any update (Android users only)

Tesa

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Lately I've seen a lot of posts / threads about using tubehax / opendns or using your wii u in a remote place which isn't your home (e.g. hotel). So I thought I would share my "safe way" of using / hosting your files without running the risk of any updates reaching your wii. (You will obviously still be able to update via disk). This tutorial was made with Android 5.0.1 but it's also possible on any other version which supports kWS (creating the hotspot WILL be different and you'll need to figure out that part on your own)

What you'll need:

You'll need to disable your cellular internet connection before doing any of this! Please do NOT forget this. Your WiiU WILL update if you don't do this. This means your phone won't have internet access during the process!

1. Download fiveighteens DefinitivePackage (link in the quote, you might need to go to the original thread.)
  2. Unpack the zip-file with given password
  3. You should now have a folder and a file in your directory:
    lLzzNNt.png
  4. You're going to rename the "DefinitivePackage-20151119" (Number might be different) to "wiiu"
    9bwkpqE.png

5. You'll have to copy the "wiiu" folder now over to your home directory of your phone (The one with the "Android", "Alarms", etc. folders)
  6. Go to the playstore and download "kWS - Android Web Server" or if you're logged into your google account install to your device from here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.xeustechnologies.android.kws
  7. Open "kWS" once it's installed on your phone
  8. Now you need to create a "Mobile Hotspot" with your phone. Go to your phone settings -> Connections -> More networks and select "Tethering and mobile hotspots"
    qTDU1aH.png

9. Now enable "Mobile hotspot", this will warn you that you'll be disconnected from your current wireless network
    NbS0BaD.png

10. You should now be able to access the settings of the mobile hotspot (either by clicking on it or clicking the icon on the top right. This will show you the status, ssid and password
    QmpI4Lj.png

11. Now you need to open kWS and you should see this:
    oh0XDqL.png

12. Go into settings and click on "Home directory" in the "General" area and type in "/sdcard/wiiu":
    SW4RD8O.png

13. Accept and start the server, you should now see your local IP
    HSeMaRN.png

14. Connect your WIIU to your local hotspot and open your browser and go to the ip shown (in my case 192.168.43.1:8080 or 192.168.43.1:8080/index.html
  15. You'll now be able to use all the tools provided in the package. If you turned off your celular data there's no way your wiiu will be able to connect to the internet / download updates.

Last edited by Tesa,

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wouldn't have a problem with fiveighteen (or anyone) using it in the main thread.
I'd be happy to merge it into the Definitive Guide tonight. :) Great option for hosting with a device that most people have sitting near them at all times anyways.

And it's really not hard to push files from PC to an Android phone with Bluetooth or wireless ADB these days.

Tesa

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
I'd be happy to merge it into the Definitive Guide tonight. :) Great option for hosting with a device that most people have sitting near them at all times anyways.

And it's really not hard to push files from PC to an Android phone with Bluetooth or wireless ADB these days.

I mean, you can also just connect it via cable and put the files on your phone too. And you can always just turn it off after you ran whatever you needed so you can connect it back to your home wifi/celular data

tOaO

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I think you should really put step 15 on the top and make it big and red. If smeone has no idea about how this works(i assume users that read this will have no clue), they will probably connect the wii u at step 10 or at least step 14. Then the wii u will update and probably use all of your mobile data limit.

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I mean, you can also just connect it via cable and put the files on your phone too. And you can always just turn it off after you ran whatever you needed so you can connect it back to your home wifi/celular data
That's the easiest way, but cables are so last century. :sleep: What if my phone is just out of reach of my couch but I want to change some files while the hotspot is running?! The horror!

I think you should really put step 15 on the top and make it big and red. If smeone has no idea about how this works(i assume users that read this will have no clue), they will probably connect the wii u at step 10 or at least step 14. Then the wii u will update and probably use all of your mobile data limit.
I don't think data limit is that big of an issue, but you would definitely update if you left it connected to the internet.

Tesa

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland

It's litteraly already there in bold text on the top :D But I guess I can change it to red and bigger

That's the easiest way, but cables are so last century. :sleep: What if my phone is just out of reach of my couch but I want to change some files while the hotspot is running?! The horror!

Well, you either train your dog to go fetch it or tell your girlfriend/sister to go bring it to you. Optionally you can also request a samich from them while they're already at it! But if you don't have either I guess your solution is the best way ;)

Garou

Trophies
XP
Country
anybody tried adding these lines on /system/etc/hosts (only for rooted android phones) and see if it's actually block the updates while still having the rest of internet?

127.0.0.1 nus.c.shop.nintendowifi.net
127.0.0.1 nus.cdn.c.shop.nintendowifi.net
127.0.0.1 nus.cdn.shop.wii.com
127.0.0.1 nus.cdn.wup.shop.nintendo.net
127.0.0.1 nus.wup.shop.nintendo.net
127.0.0.1 c.shop.nintendowifi.net
127.0.0.1 cbvc.cdn.nintendo.net
127.0.0.1 cbvc.nintendo.net

tried using my laptop to connect to the phone and those urls are not accessible, but haven't got the guts to try it directly on the wii u :D

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
anybody tried adding these lines on /system/etc/hosts (only for rooted android phones) and see if it's actually block the updates while still having the rest of internet?

127.0.0.1 nus.c.shop.nintendowifi.net
127.0.0.1 nus.cdn.c.shop.nintendowifi.net
127.0.0.1 nus.cdn.shop.wii.com
127.0.0.1 nus.cdn.wup.shop.nintendo.net
127.0.0.1 nus.wup.shop.nintendo.net
127.0.0.1 c.shop.nintendowifi.net
127.0.0.1 cbvc.cdn.nintendo.net
127.0.0.1 cbvc.nintendo.net

tried using my laptop to connect to the phone and those urls are not accessible, but haven't got the guts to try it directly on the wii u :D
Even if it did, you'd then be eating into your data plan. Probably not the most ideal situation.

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I live in Canada and I'm going to have to disagree with this.
I meant that connecting the Wii U to a hotspot to load the hacks (but keeping internet on) would run through practically zero data.. There's nothing to communicate between the system and the internet (at least until you tried going online in a game). The bigger issue would be the Wii U trying to update itself, then causing two larger probems: updated FW and data plan usage.

Last edited by fiveighteen,

Tesa

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: :whip: