Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
For those who still remember.. Sadness, one of the first games announced for the Wii.. is not dead yet
tongue.gif

Nibris, the game developer, announced that the game is using Gamebryo, that according to Nibris, let they do "things they thought was impossible on the Wii"

QUOTE said:
Gamebryo Breathes Life Into Wii's First Black-And-White Horror Title

Highly-Anticipated Wii Game, Sadness, Chooses Emergent's Gamebryo

CALABASAS, Calif. (April XX, 2008) -Emergent Game Technologies announced today that the highly-anticipated psychological thriller Sadness for Wii™ is being built on the Gamebryo game development platform. The first Wii title to be presented entirely in black-and-white is in development by Poland-based game studio Nibris. Taking place prior to World War I, Sadness is a crime noir thriller with richly detailed characters and an engaging storyline.

"Without a doubt, Gamebryo is the most powerful engine available for the Wii. After getting familiar with the engine several months ago we made the decision to choose Gamebryo. Since then, our team has been working on Sadness and we are quite impressed," said Tomasz Wisniowski, Project Manager of Nibris. "We will have quite a few graphical effects in our game, which some believe are impossible to attain on the Wii. Gamebryo helped make it possible. We are firmly convinced we made the right choice."

"From the early stages of pre-production with Sadness, Nibris realized that they would need development technology that allowed for an extreme amount of flexibility in the creative process, which is a cornerstone of the Gamebryo framework," said Geoffrey Selzer, CEO of Emergent. "Sadness is designed to push the bounds of Wii technically and creatively. We are thrilled to be a part of Nibris' ground-breaking product. We're really looking forward to playing Sadness on Wii."

Gamebryo gives Nibris' developers a considerable head start by implementing numerous Wii development features that do not typically come with standard SDKs. Loaded with rendering and animation tools, a Wii-specific viewer, extensive libraries and APIs to simplify pipeline integration, Gamebryo provides Wii teams everything they need to optimize and deliver visually stunning games on time and on budget.

Sadness is a horror adventure game aimed at adults with strong nerves. Players will need to confront their greatest fears and protect themselves in hopes of not getting trapped inside the main character's nightmare. The game has eight different extreme endings each with their own premise, which are assigned to a player based on specific factors during the game. To compliment the intense gameplay, the Wii-mote and Wii Nunchuk control the main character's hands so players feel as though they are in the psychological thriller.

source: http://kotaku.com/379346/gamebryo-evokes-wii-sadness

It's good to see a mature game on the Wii for instance.. but I doubt it will be as impressive as they're saying..

Hero-Link

Hero of Derrr
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
awesome, i've been waiting for something from them... I'm REALLY intrigued with this game.
Let's cross fingers for a 2009 early release!

Neko

Been a while.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Wait , isn't gamebryo the engine that was used by Oblivion (even though heavily modified)?
Sounds cool. Although these two facts sound a little bit boring :
Black and white
Timeline set before WW1. :\

Bob Evil

The Department of Home-Made Insecurity
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Dominik93 said:
Wait , isn't gamebryo the engine that was used by Oblivion (even though heavily modified)?
Black and white

Have you played Rule of Rose on the PS2?

If you have, imagine it in black and white, and you'll probably have a good idea of what this game might be like ...

4playgaming

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sadness is vaporware.. NIBRIS has been in development of a couple so called titles forever and haven't delivered a single one yet.. Let alone some clear and precise details on gameplay, screenshots, etc. One image acting as a teaser shouldn't be considered solid or prominent evidence that their games actually exist.. Prior to the Wii being released, they had so much unwarranted hype. To this day, I still don't know why.

On the other hand, if they do deliver their game, I'll be on the lookout. Best of luck to them, but their track record is pretty flimsy so far.

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I was thinking two days ago: "Oh man... I wish that Sadness project never got canceled, I was longing for it soooo much... damn...."
And now I read that it's still on! Wohoooo!!
This is one good day,
I must say!
In my life,
i'll get a wife,
melt some ice,
with a knife,
and play SADNESS!!!!

bosscolor

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Dominik93 said:
Black and white

You're right it's the engine that was used by Oblivion ^^ so I'm very pleased

But how can you be stunned by black and white effects ?

shadowboy

:D
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I didn't forget ;D
Been waiting forever, want this soo bad.

I actually hope the devs get absorbed into EA or something tho so they can have proper funding and more staff...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM