saddest thing you have ever seen in a tv show?

Zarkz

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
CheatingSoi said:
I would say the very end of that one episode of Futurama where Fry finds his dog. Thats the closest I've ever come to crying from a TV show.
Definitely this...poor dog just wanted to sing Im Walking On Sunshine with Fry

Vulpes Abnocto

Not Dead Yet
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The ending of the Dead Like Me pilot

For those unfamiliar with the show, George is a new addition to the Grim Reapers, taking her first soul in this clip....the soul of a young girl. She tries to refuse to do so, but this is impossible in her position, so she has no choice but to send the little girl to her death, and subsequently into "her lights" (heaven, or whatever you want to call it)
Yes, I cried when I first saw it.

MFDC12

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Vulpes Abnocto said:
The ending of the Dead Like Me pilot

For those unfamiliar with the show, George is a new addition to the Grim Reapers, taking her first soul in this clip....the soul of a young girl. She tries to refuse to do so, but this is impossible in her position, so she has no choice but to send the little girl to her death, and subsequently into "her lights" (heaven, or whatever you want to call it)
Yes, I cried when I first saw it.

oh man, i forgot about that. that actually did make me tear up too

Fluganox

Trophies
XP
Country
Definitely agree with the Futurama episode
frown.gif

And I know its not a TV Show, or me that found it sad, but I'm sure that its the saddest moment to the child
rofl2.gif
but when I went to go see "Finding Nemo" at the cinema, when Nemo's on the Dentists table pretending to be dead so he gets flushed, the kid a few rows in font of me stood up, crying, and screamed; "Nemo! Nooo!" at the screen.

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
The thing that comes strongest to mind isn't actually a tv show scene.. (sorry, I can't think of any of those, I don't watch a lot of tv).

It's the ending (or nearly the ending) of Chingu (Chingoo? the translation is = "Friend"), a famous Korean movie.

I felt so touched watching this movie ending alone on late night tv... The rest of the movie wasn't particularly amazing imo, but it build up perfectly to the final scene where...
ohnoes.png

bnwchbammer said:
The end of Elfen Lied was so sad.
Shed a few tears.
I'm sure if I watch it again I wouldn't, but it was so sad!

Hemm, I can't actually remember the end of Elfen Lied, but I do distinctly remember that it was very sad. That whole series was quite emotional I guess...

Jakob95

I am the Avatar
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kaz_abdin said:
Guild McCommunist said:
Appa's Lost Days in The Last Airbender. Fucking saddest thing I've seen.

And yes, the thing with Fry's dog in Futurama was really sad.

Was just about to say Appa's Lost Days in The Last Airbender, was a really sad episode and almost put me in tears.
This. And also when Zuko begs Iroh for his forgiveness and Iroh says he was never mad at him, etc. Another part is when Iroh sings for Luten his son that died was also very sad.

BionicC

Trophies
XP
Country
sonknuck23 said:
I sure as hell am not watching Lost now that I Know the deal.
frown.gif

It's not really the deal -- mild, reassuring spoiler follows:

They didn't all die in the plane crash in the first episode and spend the next 6 series doing stuff in purgatory while they're actually already dead, if that's what you're worried about.

Slightly more specific spoiler follows:

Yes, they're all dead at the end of the final episode and are milling about in a kind of purgatory BUT this is something that takes place many, many, MANY years in the future, after they have ALL died. Some of them could have lived to 90 and died of natural causes, for example.

Seriously, you should at least give it a go if you were intending to. The ending might not have been entirely satisfying to everyone but it's the kind of programme that's about the journey, not the destination. Many questions are raised throughout the series and not all of them are answered -- but the ones that ARE answered generally do have satisfying explanations. Even the infamous polar bear has a logical reason for existing...

My personal saddest TV moment ever? When The Bill ended, OBVIOUSLY.

P

pasc

m3rox said:
Not a show, but the ending to Crisis Core FF7.
Yes, even thought its not a tv show its like an interactive movie of sorts.

Meitantei Conan: Shuichi Akais Death... (not sure if hes really death since I'm not that far yet, I can assume it.)

Paarish

Connor's Nublet
Trophies
XP
Country
BionicC said:
My personal saddest TV moment ever? When The Bill ended, OBVIOUSLY.
The Bill!
cry.gif

Majority of the things that I would've said are already in this post.
Like the Futurama episode or the End of Iroh's part in Tales of Ba Sing Se

thebigboss14

Trophies
Website
thebigboss14.deviantart.com
XP
Country
United States
I know this will sound stupid and weird but just listen. Once, I was watching the Click movie in my couch by myself. I was laughing trough the whole movie but once they got into the part where Adam Saddler is old and fat I was getting a little touchy. When he walks out of the hospital and falls down on the floor trying to called his son while he accelerates his car made me fill goosebumps. Then when his son runs out of the car to desperately help his dad dying on the ground was so nostalgic. The last sentimental part was the "I love you" from both of them ohh men I'm sorry but that made me cry out in tears. It was so dramatic and strong scene that I ran out of my couch to tell my dad how much I love him. I was crying like crazy and I didn't want to lose him so I took that moment to appreciate everything he has given to me. I LOVE YOU DAD. Sorry guy, I know the money is not sentimental at all but that part was really touchy for me.
cry.gif

thebigboss14

Trophies
Website
thebigboss14.deviantart.com
XP
Country
United States
Slyakin said:
I don't watch TV, but some games bring me to tears.

Mother 3... CURSES!!! :Sob:

Me too. Games like Zelda( My favorite game of all time). I love the stories they have on the Zelda game, they make me feel sentimental some times. Twilight Princess was great and the story of the kids and all that was very touchy. That's how I love my games, touchy but fill with action, adventure and emotion. I Love Nintendo Games they are incredibly awesome.

Canonbeat234

Redeemed Temper
Trophies
XP
Country
Random: This topic sucks. Sad...EMO tempers!!

On Topic: Bravo, you tempers aren't a bunch of dicks after all. I for one barely cry on a few occasions like that one part in Chobits, the baker telling Hedaki about his back story. Got to love tear-jerkers and I was force to cry...I hate that. Then it was Prison Song which to me was really fucked up.

MFDC12

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Canonbeat234 said:
Random: This topic sucks. Sad...EMO tempers!!

yeah, because men and everyone on the internet are all emotionless and cant cry AND are obviously emo because of it
rolleyes.gif

ps showing lack of emotion ie not crying is probably more disturbing than seeing a man cry.

monkat

I'd like to see you TRY to ban me. (Should I try?.
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.monkat.net
XP
Country
United States
I'm a man, I don't cry or feel sorrow.

I was forced to rip out my tear ducts at the onset of puberty as a rite of passage.

wessel261

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
the ending of some cold case series
and about films
lion king always let me cry, when I was little my parents coudn't even play the cd without me crying to that one song
and recently marley and me brought a huge tear into my eyes

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Water park was quite fun
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Water park was quite fun