Saddam Sentenced to Hang

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by Opium, Nov 5, 2006.

Nov 5, 2006

Saddam Sentenced to Hang by Opium at 12:34 PM (2,941 Views / 0 Likes) 31 replies

1. Opium
    OP

Former Staff Opium PogoShell it to me ™

Australia
    Source: The Australian

This sentence was definitely expected but I'm not too happy about it. I don't believe in the death penalty, not for anyone. Saddam was responsible for so many deaths and tortures, why give him a quick exit from the world? What resolution will that bring? Death wont solve what he's done.

Just my opinion though. Thoughts?

2. masvill20

Newcomer masvill20 Advanced Member

Philippines
    He deserves a slow death, since that's even more painful than a hanging. So he can feel all the pain he has brought to this world. (Just my sadistic side, sorry, but still, he deserves what's coming to him)

3. johnnyafc

Member johnnyafc GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Well there will probs be a Channel 5 Show 'Hanging Live' - least he will be popluar with women, being 'well hung' [​IMG]

4. CacheSyntax

Newcomer CacheSyntax Advanced Member

United States
    They should let him live, and play Wii in front of his face but not let him acutally play.

Wii feet caning anyone?

5. .TakaM

Member .TakaM .II

New Zealand
    i recommend a sturdy rope

6. Jax

Member Jax Pip Pip Cheerioink!

Portugal
    *thinks of a future South Park episode, but then again, Saddam is already dead in SP*

7. neveras

Member neveras GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Canada
    Hang him and guaranteed the picture of him on the end of the rope will be the cover of most newspapers and magazines across the world and will survive for a very very long time as an Iconic picture.

Lock him up and let him fade into obscurity.

8. Extreme Coder

Member Extreme Coder GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Egypt
    Even as an Arabian Muslim, I say that he was guilty and should be punished for all the humanity crimes he made.

9. TheStump

Member TheStump Got Wood?

Australia
    what should we do with George Bush jr then? whats the worst thing you can do to a puppet?

10. AppleJuice

Member AppleJuice GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Just give him another bag of pretzels and ten minutes alone. The situation will resolve itself.

11. The Teej

Former Staff The Teej Also known as The Tjalian

United Kingdom
    Fuck the rope, BRING ON THE CRUCIFIXION!

But seriously, death by hanging is alright I suppose.

12. lagman

Former Staff lagman I wish I was green.

Mexico
    I´m sure there will be no photo, that will make a stupid urban legend about how the let Saddam free. [​IMG]

13. yuyuyup

Member yuyuyup GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    wow, 2 massive republican gay sex scandals, Whitehouse releasing Atom Bomb blueprints in Arabic on a website, and the hanging of Saddam. Why can't all these people just chill out over a huge hoagie ? ? ?

[​IMG]

14. neveras

Member neveras GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Canada
    I'm quite positive there will be a photo and quite positive if they have an execution it will be publicized. Maybe not if it happened on U.S. soil but definitly since it will happen on Iraqi soil.

15. Athlon-pv

Member Athlon-pv GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    It says trail, but it wasnt a trail . They should have not done this , so many things stink during this whole course.

Pathetic excuse to hang him, they shoulda just done that when he was overthrown save us the mockery in the "court" room

16. lexus-8

Member lexus-8 GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
  17. adgloride

Member adgloride Its A Wii Wario

United Kingdom
    I know Saddam is evil. But hes an old man and probably going to die in a few years anyway, whats the use of hanging him. Saying they'll hang him is like they're some kind of victorian lynch mob .

18. Noobix

Member Noobix GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    I just hope that one day Bush and Blair will have to stand trial for crimes against humanity too . They have murdered a lot more innocent people in Iraq than Saddam ever did!

How about Bush senior being hauled up as well ? Considering he's the one that gave Saddam the chemical weapons, it's only fair that he should be put on trial. [​IMG]

Hypocrisy at it's best. [​IMG]

19. lastdual

lastdual Newbie

^ Bush and Blair aren't forcing the Sunni and Shia to kill each other...

Unfortunately, it seems like it took someone as brutal and Saddam to keep peace in the region (except in the north, which is largely peacefull because the Kurds outright kill any insurgents that show up from Iran or Syria). Saddam was only a year away from nukes, and given his track record it's good he's gone, but now we've got another nuclear arms race about to start in middle east as all the countries that feel threatened by Iran are pushing to start their own nuclear programs as well...yay...

20. TanookiSuit

Member TanookiSuit Game Reviewer/Writer -- formerly Vampire Hunter D

United States
    You know hanging for those who want a slow painful death can be. If the drop doesn't snap your neck you will slowly suffocate to death or get the blood cut off from your head from the rope+neck+your dangling weight. It can take hours or worse in some cases to finish someone that way.

Personally I think the death penalty is fine, especially in cases like this one. Furthemore had they chose to keep him alive he would just be more trouble than it is worth with him being a mouthpiece for those who side with him still, and a reason to try and break him out over the years causing more violence than there already is.