• Start date
  • Views 2,036
  • Replies 17
D

Deleted_171835

OP
packshot_FlipnoteStudio_rdax_49x37.jpg

QUOTE said:
The free DSi app Flipnote Studio is generally associated with short, often silly animations. Nintendo's own promotion of the program showed off John "Napoleon Dynamite" Heder making some particularly kitschy animations -- including a UFO abduction and a nunchaku-wielding minotaur. Now, a tipster points us to a particularly poignant music video created entirely in Flipnote Studio. The video is for the song "Losing Light" by one Billy Polard. While it seems innocuous enough at first, it takes a sad turn pretty quickly and it doesn't stop there. Apart from that, the animation and artwork is impressive in its own right and a tribute to what Flipnote is capable of.

Suffice it to say that the program isn't reserved just for the short and silly.
QUOTE said:
I'm amazed. I applaud the guy not just because of the music video but also because he made it in Flipnote Studio. Wow!

Source: Joystiq

myuusmeow

Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
TDWP FTW said:
Damn! He made the song AND music video?! Shit man, that guy's got major talent. Honestly, he could get a very great job (If he doesn't already have one) with his skills.
Nope, just the video, the song is by Billy Polard.
Nevermind, the article confused me.

Forstride

The rudder moves when I turn the wheel
Trophies
Website
forstride.stormbit.net
XP
Country
United States
myuusmeow said:
TDWP FTW said:
Damn! He made the song AND music video?! Shit man, that guy's got major talent. Honestly, he could get a very great job (If he doesn't already have one) with his skills.
Nope, just the video, the song is by Billy Polard.
It says song and animation by Billy Polard at the end...

Zerousen

【=◈︿◈=】
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Man, there's a limit to pages on flipnote, It's a 1 minute limit I think. That should've taken at LEAST 3k pages. o.O

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I don't think the limit is due to time, but how many pages you use and how much information is on those pages. You could go on for a very long time if all the pages were blank.

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
This flipnote has a very nice, and touching narrative, but the sequence of camera shots fails to add some depth to the whole thing.

There were some real missed opportunities here, you can tell the guy made the footage on Flipnote and proceeded to use video editing software to match it with his well written song.

Some things like overhead or birdseye shots could have given an idea of how high the flying creature was.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Ohkay